Extremely quiet

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I suppose the nasty weather has something to do with it, but I haven't seen a reasonable Genesis 1000 or Silver B/C or a Q grill hit FB or CL for about two months now. A few $300 and up deals, but nothing that came close to getting me excited. And, from what I am seeing, anything that is listed isn't going anywhere. I don't really expect much this time of year, but there is just nothing going on at all around me. I can't wait for April/May.

I saw the weather report for the upper Midwest yesterday, and it looked rough.

Maybe that explains some of it.

Last edited:
This winter has definitely been a booger thus far. KC has reached its average annual
snowfall already, with the possibility of another foot to come over the next week during
3 snow events. This temporary lull will likely create a good opportunity as soon as we
can put together a couple of nice weekends in a row.

I saw the weather report for the upper Midwest yesterday, and at looked rough.

Maybe that explains some of it.

Last night was just peachy here. All night it sounded like a 747 was on my roof doing engine run ups (sustained 50 MPH winds), tree branches braking off, temp drop into the single digits. Yeah you can say it was rather "balmy" LOL

All in all not too bad of a winter thus far in the Philly/NJ Beach area. No significant snowfall yet. A solid cold snap aka "polar vortex", but my surfing buddies that study weather patterns and spend every waking moment looking at satellite weather imagery and computer models tell me it's a short winter and early spring. That said, CL for the surrounding areas is like a Sahara desert for anything interesting...alt inter for me is natural gas or something that can be readily converted. Some decent propane deals available though. But I'm knee deep in my S-210 restore.
Heading to Harbor Freight shortly for another on of these: https://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-polycarbide-abrasive-wheel-60508.html

Last edited:
Pretty nice winter so far in SW Missouri as well. We've had very little ice and snow. We've had some really cold days but just a day or 2 at a time. We've had a lot of days in the 50s and 60s.

The weather here is really pretty ideal for me. Except the occasional tornado.....😀

Yah, we always get the snow and cold, but it just seems like "NOTHING" is popping around here this year. Seems previous couple winters that I had kept my eyes open, there would be an occassional Genesis rehab candidate to pop up, but not this year. I am still seeing kettles though.

I guess it will bode well for the April/May surge.

We actually have nice weather down here in the south but I have not seen any old grills recently at all. And my refurbished ones have been posted on FB market place and CL since weeks with no real interest yet. But there are so many sales going on right now where various stores are having clearance sales on the 2018 models at low prices. This is why I actually have stopped restoring anymore. Can't find any cheap ones and once restored they don't sell.

Seeing lots of grills popping up throughout south and central Florida. Too bad, because I have no time, money or room to get more until I finish and sell some more existing inventory.

Yah, we just got hit with an actual snowstorm here in the Pacific NW...about a foot of snow, some places got 2-3 ft. (don't laugh now you guys from the Midwest and East Coast) and our infrastructure and budgets aren't made for this kind of weather so hardly any worthwhile grills been popping up. I mean the island of Maui actually got some snow this past week so something's crazy going on with the weather.

Last edited:

Back