Another guy from New Jersey

Joe Curau

Hi all,

First off, I do not know what took me so long to find this site. Now that I am here, looking forward to learning more to enhance my grilling/BBQing experiences. When it comes to grills, I have not had anything but Weber grills for well over 25 years now. All have been gassers, and my current is a Genesis. I love all foods from an outdoor pit and find myself grilling or BBQing usually 4-5 times a week year round. As a matter of fact, we are currently in the middle of a winter storm here in NJ, and as is my tradition, I always shovel a path to my grills way before I tackle the driveway or sidewalks.

In addition to my Genesis, I also have a Rec Tec pellet pit which is the pit for my low and slow cooks. I have been Jonesing to start cooking with charcoal as an added grilling experience, and started looking into either a 22 or 26 inch Weber Kettle. The search and research for the kettle is what brought me to this site.

Looking forward to learn from all of you on the site, and hope to also share some of my knowledge and cooks as well.

Joe

Welcome to the forum Joe. It's time you started cooking over charcoal and this is a great place to hone your skills. My father grew up in Chatham, NJ and me and my brother spent a lot of summers there with our grandparents.

Back