E-330 side burner quick connect

DJohnson

Has anyone had an issue with getting the quick connect to "click" into place?

I have assembled hundreds of these types of accessories over the years as an assembler and never had an issue. Sure as heck I buy one and put it together and I cannot get it to connect. I have tried off and on over the last three days and it just won't go.

I have inspected both female and male ends an they look clean and undamaged. I used a small plastic screwdriver handle and inserted into the female end for the spring loaded valve. It moves freely. I have used all the force I can muster and it just won't go.

I emailed customer support but the response back was just what they tell you in the instruction manual.

It is a very basic designed connection so it should not be that difficult.

I am ready to take the whole thing back to the store for a refund.

Please, if you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Dennis Johnson

Dennis: I've had similar issues with older quick connects on 2007 Genesis for the side burner. Finally have been able to get them to connect by pulling the female lock back while wiggling the connector over the male with the upward motion. You kind of feel a little change once the male goes past the o ring into the female. Then I release the lock ring on the female to see if it holds. Fortunately, I seldom disconnect the line unless doing a deep cleaning. Good luck on the connection.

I would try a little lube spray like WD40, Something might be stuck in the fitting. Make sure you are pulling the collar back on the female end while trying to connect it to the male end. Otherwise, it sounds like the fitting is just bad and I would think Weber would send you out a new one, both male and female ends.

I have trouble every time I do this on one the old ones. I have never sprayed them, but likely should.
Normally I just fight and curse them until I find the sweet spot and it locks in.

YEah you have to pull that collar back pretty severely. Though one question...........Did you buy the fittings as a "matched set"? If not you may have mismatched fittings

I guess I could understand if it were an old unit but this is fresh out of the box 2019 model.
Sean from Weber support is sending out a new coupler via FedEx overnight. In the meantime I will try the lube.

I must say that Sean from support gave exemplary customer service!

Nice, congrats on the grill. Keep us posted on the performance, especially with the sear burner being added again.

Yah, Weber CS is hit or miss...I've spoken to some that gave awesome service and some that really didn't care to look into your question or problem.

Last edited:
Dan, I tried wiggling it every which way from Sunday and still no luck. Thanks for the tip.

Bruce, I tried the WD and no luck there either. Thanks for the tip.

I made a little progress this time though. I thought I had it for a while but after about 5 seconds it popped back off. So close.

Right now my fingers are so sore from the fittings and trying so many times I am forced to using gloves.

Thanks for all the tips and support!

Well, it sounds like you gave it the old college try. I hope the new fittings solve your problem. We all would love a good review of that grill once you get it set up and burning animal flesh.

New parts came today. The grill is working great! One of the check balls on the old connector, female end, was not moving. It was seized.

Going to burn some flesh n it this Sunday for my Wife's birthday. I will let you all know how it goes.

Great to hear you are up and running! Must be a challenge in MN this time of year. Also, glad you got a good CSR at Weber to solve the problem. They can be hit or miss.

The first run on my new E-330 went great. I love the sear station. I turned on the burners and in a matter of just a few minutes the unit read 650 degrees. I opened her up, oiled the grates and slapped the steaks on. I have the grates in wide side up and the sear marks were burned in just about perfect. I didn't do a bread test to check for hot/cold spots but I don't expect any issues. The wife says they were the best steaks I have ever grilled (gas) for her.

Dan, It can be some times but we are a hearty bunch up here. Although my cousins in Florida put the word fool in front of hearty! :D

Back