Heater Meter Servo Sticks

Patrick Clasen

Hi,

My Heater Meter 4.3 servo sticks.

I have been through the calibration procedure and everything lines up.
Screenshot

Here is a video of what is happening (44 secs)
video

All i can think of is replacing the servo.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Patrick

Hi,

My Heater Meter 4.3 servo sticks.

I have been through the calibration procedure and everything lines up.
Screenshot

Here is a video of what is happening (44 secs)
video

All i can think of is replacing the servo.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Patrick

If you have a clone servo well sometimes they just plain don't work I've read.

What brand is your servo what does it look like?
There are fake tower pro servos you can tell by looking at the label.

There's a wiki on the servos at vorpal robotics.
http://vorpalrobotics.com/wiki/index.php/Tower_Pro_MG90S_Vs._Clones

Som are authentic , some are quality clones that work, and many are clones that don't

Last edited:
Patrick
I'm not an expert on electronics ,but i do have some knowledge on servos,I fly large rc airplanes and the servos i use cost $50 and up the mg90 i have for the RD3 i got 5 for $16. So this could be a case of you get what you pay for. The one i'm using is ok (lot of slop in the gear train) for the RD3 but would never be used in one of my models. Hopefully the problem is in the servo. I bought 5 because what i read this servo is a crapshoot when it comes to working and i have some spares i can't open your video but usually, if a servo sticks or is jittery it could be a pot in the servo that could be dirty, or the electronics in the servo are iffy some time a capacitor placed in parallel will smooth it out.If you fish around other post there is a lot of info on the servos and HeaterMeter settings, and troubleshooting your problem .

Beyond what has been said about servo quality thus far here are a couple more pointers. There are gears in the shoulder of the servo, so if you have to force it into the mounting hole it will likely bind and stick. The fit should be snug, but not so tight that you have to force it in. To test this theory pull the servo out of the mount and see if it stalls then. Also, don't over tighten the screw, if you over tighten that can cause binding as well. To test this as a possible cause loosen the screw and see if it still sticks? The screw rotates with the servo so even if kinda loose it wont back out on you.

Back