Weber Flame Natural Gas to Propane Conversion

Nic L

I recently came across a Weber Flame for free on Craigslist. While I do plan to run a natural
gas line out to my deck, I like the idea of using a propane tank with it instead for better portability.

With Weber grills it seems all you need to do is buy a new regulator and switch out the orifices. Opening up the burner tube on the Weber flame, the orifce was much larger, close to an inch in size, while the orifce bolt is probably 3/8 to 1/2 inch on a Weber grill.

Am I looking in the wrong place for the orifce? Has anyone converted a Weber Flame from natural gas to propane?

I would think it should not be too difficult but, I am not the guy with the answer. Maybe Bruce of Larry will spot this and have an opinion. I only offer them because I’ve had more contact with them and have gotten good advice from both.

Okay, it’s official, Larry is the go to guy for this kind of thing! Come on, Larry!
Nice hand off Bruce!
You guys crack me up!

Yah, I always run these propane things by Larry. That way my wife knows who to sue when I blow up the garage.

I recently came across a Weber Flame for free on Craigslist. While I do plan to run a natural
gas line out to my deck, I like the idea of using a propane tank with it instead for better portability.

With Weber grills it seems all you need to do is buy a new regulator and switch out the orifices. Opening up the burner tube on the Weber flame, the orifce was much larger, close to an inch in size, while the orifce bolt is probably 3/8 to 1/2 inch on a Weber grill.

Am I looking in the wrong place for the orifce? Has anyone converted a Weber Flame from natural gas to propane?

Hi Nic. Did you ever find the right orifice? I am trying to convert a Weber Flame as well. Thanks.

Back