Thread: Weber Flame Natural Gas to Propane Conversion

Weber Flame Natural Gas to Propane Conversion

I recently came across a Weber Flame for free on Craigslist. While I do plan to run a natural
    gas line out to my deck, I like the idea of using a propane tank with it instead for better portability.

With Weber grills it seems all you need to do is buy a new regulator and switch out the orifices. Opening up the burner tube on the Weber flame, the orifce was much larger, close to an inch in size, while the orifce bolt is probably 3/8 to 1/2 inch on a Weber grill.

Am I looking in the wrong place for the orifce? Has anyone converted a Weber Flame from natural gas to propane?

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    I would think it should not be too difficult but, I am not the guy with the answer. Maybe Bruce of Larry will spot this and have an opinion. I only offer them because I’ve had more contact with them and have gotten good advice from both.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Contact this guy. He will probably be your best bet for figuring it out: https://tvwbb.com/member.php?8301-LMichaels
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Okay, it’s official, Larry is the go to guy for this kind of thing! Come on, Larry!
    Nice hand off Bruce!
    You guys crack me up!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Yah, I always run these propane things by Larry. That way my wife knows who to sue when I blow up the garage.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.