Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q1000 Side Tables

TVWBB Pro
    Rusty, I’ve seen several on here thatvrefill the smaller bottles, with good results. But I would recommend getting the adapter so you can hook your Q up to the 20 lb tank. I realize the 20 lb tank is a lot larger and not nearly as portable as the smaller bottles, but if you use your Q with any frequency at all, you’ll soon find yourself changing and refilling the smaller bottles quite often.
    https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...2XXD4Y/tvwb-20
    Good luck,
    Tim
    Weber SG Gold Mini WSM 18.5 WSM Genesis E 320 Q-200:cool '06 Blue Performer

TVWBB Platinum Member LMichaels's Avatar
    A good compromise is getting a 5lb bottle. Small and light and on a Q1xxx should last for a loooong time

I agree but those 5lb tanks are not that easy to come by and you really need to go to a refill station and not an exchange as I don't know of an exchange that deals with them.

Here is the kind of adapter that I use: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...CND6J2/tvwb-20
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I agree but those 5lb tanks are not that easy to come by and you really need to go to a refill station and not an exchange as I don't know of an exchange that deals with them.

Here is the kind of adapter that I use: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...CND6J2/tvwb-20
    Those 5lb tanks are like gold! You can buy two or three 20lb tanks for the same price. I want a 5lb to restore a first generation stainless steel performer, but I am not going to pay what they want for one.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

Yah, need to find a used one on CL or FB marketplace. Sometimes people have one taking up room in the garage and just want it gone. If I ever see one, I will jump.

I scored a 30lb tank last summer for free. I have yet to refill and use it though. They are nice for less refills but I doubt they will work on the tank holder of a grill.
    Last edited by Bruce; 02-12-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Rusty, Iíve seen several on here thatvrefill the smaller bottles, with good results. But I would recommend getting the adapter so you can hook your Q up to the 20 lb tank. I realize the 20 lb tank is a lot larger and not nearly as portable as the smaller bottles, but if you use your Q with any frequency at all, youíll soon find yourself changing and refilling the smaller bottles quite often.
    https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...2XXD4Y/tvwb-20
    Good luck,
    Tim
    Thanks, Tim.

I'll definitely get an adapter hose.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    A good compromise is getting a 5lb bottle. Small and light and on a Q1xxx should last for a loooong time
    I was thinking along those lines just last night, but finding a used one might be a challenge unless I can find a gas-assist Performer at a fair price.

Speaking of the 5lb tanks, a local scrap yard recycles propane tanks, but the top has to be removed first. Would it be possible install a new valve on an old scrapped tank? Do these small tanks use the same valve as their 20lb brethren?
    Last edited by Rusty James; 02-12-2019 at 09:40 PM.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

TVWBB Platinum Member LMichaels's Avatar
    AFAIK they do use the same "valve" but I doubt it would fit as there is some kind of float that has to go down into the tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12