Weber Obsession?

PDay

TVWBB Fan
Well I've just been to the biggest Weber showroom here in the UK with the intention of using some vouchers towards a Dutch Oven. However, upon walking through the door I discovered that they were discounted Performer Deluxes' with water damaged boxes with full warranty. So to cut a long story short, I paid £369 instead of the RRP of £449 here in the UK. Putting the legs together on my own was a bit of faff, but other than that a simple building.

That means I know have a Smokey Joe Premium, charcoal Go Anywhere, 57cm Original Premium, 57cm Limited Editin red Master Touch a 47cm WSM and now the Performer Deluxe. Its becoming a bit of an addiction.

Still didn't get the dutch oven though.

One thing wasn't too impressed with though, the new lighters here in the UK come in bag and come individually foil wrapped which i'm told you light as well. No where near as many in the bag as the old boxes.

I'm in the same boat, I've been fighting upgrading my 22" Kettle for a Performer. If I found a deal, I'd pull the trigger.

Thanks for all your replies. In all my excitement I forgot to mention I also have a Spirit S320! Not too impressed with the build quality of the 2019 models though

Thanks for all your replies. In all my excitement I forgot to mention I also have a Spirit S320! Not too impressed with the build quality of the 2019 models though
Same here. They are not the same quality as the older ones. I have an 05 Genesis Platinum which I just restored this summer.

After the misery HD has put me through with my final purchase from them, I would not pass the portal to Hell if they were giving them away!

One thing wasn't too impressed with though, the new lighters here in the UK come in bag and come individually foil wrapped which i'm told you light as well. No where near as many in the bag as the old boxes.

I never use any of these lighters. I use some dry twigs and dryer lint under my chimney starter. That stuff you pull from the filter of your clothes dryer. It works great as a fire starter.

I've been using the Weber starters, but in a previous life I was a backpacker/trekker, and I made some pretty effective fire starters by soaking cotton makeup pads in parrafin. 1/8 of one of those would start my evening campfire, so should work here too. I'm just old and lazy now. :)

Yah, I use the Weber lighter cubes also...very convenient and inexpensive. I usually get them for $2 when Target clears them out, usually during the end of summer.

Back