problem whith temperature and percentual of fan

hi when my heatermeter is on i have a big problem
i set the temp to 110°C
when it arrived to 109°C the percentual of fan is 90-100% until i switch off the heatermeter.

b7e912.jpg

After i switch off the heatermeter and the percentual of fan is 0 this is the normal

2nbslk5.jpg

what is the problem?
thanks

What are tuning and fan parameters?

Why turn off?

Turning off will reset the integral and make it start over

The PID settings control how fast and how much the HM reacts to temperature changes. You mention the setpoint is 110, and note the HM output % at one or two degrees below the setpoint.... what happens when the temp gets to 110 or above?
Depending on your PID settings and how rapidly the temp is changing as it approaches the setpoint the HM will react faster or slower, before or after the setpoint is reached. With startup MAX at 100% you should have a LOT of air flow in the beginning and should hit the target pretty quick, depending on what type of grill you are using of coarse. What are you cooking on?

PS
The reason your HM acts different after it has been unplugged is because the PID data is flushed when you power cycle. When you first started up the HM saw room temp, then saw the temp rise slowly toward the setpoint, so it was reacting to that accumulated data. After you power cycle the HM sees the temp jump immediately to the setpoint, so it is reacting to that data, two completely different data sets the PID loop is reacting to....

Last edited:
Maybe I found the mistake.

1)the sd card is broken and now i change it.

2)my probe K does not go. now it is 120 ° C after I move the connector it is 80 ° C.
Do you send me the link for a new, normal o isolated probe?
I have 3 other k probes taken from amazon but do not match temperature.
Is there a way to do self-calibration to the probes whit heatermeter?
Thank you

Maybe I found the mistake.

1)the sd card is broken and now i change it.

2)my probe K does not go. now it is 120 ° C after I move the connector it is 80 ° C.
Do you send me the link for a new, normal o isolated probe?
I have 3 other k probes taken from amazon but do not match temperature.
Is there a way to do self-calibration to the probes whit heatermeter?
Thank you

Im not sure what your asking.
There is a procedure to Calibrate thermocouple, but you adjust temp by a few degree. To do this you change the mv/C setting from default 5 to another value.

What you describe is something else

OK for example
i put the water to 100°c my probe is 96°c
What i change te mv/c o ofset?
how i change mv/c? is there a table whit valor? or when i arrived to 100° is good valor?
thanks

Thermocouple Calibration
After your HeaterMeter is assembled and fully operational, calibrating the thermocouple input may marginally improve its accuracy. Because HeaterMeter does not use a precision analog voltage reference, there's an inherent error in the measurement. Luckily this error is relatively constant for a build so it an be calibrated out. A one point calibration is all that is needed to determine an accurate reference voltage.

Step 1 In the configuration webui, set the thermocouple mV/C to the reference 5 mv/C and 0 degree offset.

Step 2 Allow your HeaterMeter to warm up to operating temperature in its case for 10-15 minutes. If you don't have a case, this is optional as the temperature error is only 50 parts per million (ppm) per degree Celsius of ambient temerature.

Step 3 Insert the thermocouple into boiling water and allow it to settle at temperature.

Step 4 Calculate your error using the boiling point of water for your altitude. 5 * (heatermeter temperature / boiling point) = mv/C

Step 5 Enter this new value into the configuration webui and verify that the temperature reported by HeaterMeter now matches the boiling point of water.

Back