Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Harry Soo can't be right....

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    Makes one wonder if placing wood, and / or charcoal, in a shallow container, and setting it on the grates of a gas grill (on low heat) for a while would eliminate smoke burn-off before placing the wood / charcoal directly on lit charcoal in the WSM.

Might be worth a try.
    That would be getting close to running it like a stick burner and controlling temps by the amount of charcoal used.

I've been watching a lot BBQ Pitmasters reruns on the American Destination Channel. A lot of those folks are using water smokers that are really nothing more than a WSM on steroids. They use charcoal and wood chunks.

I'm sure the science says the white smoke has particles that we don't want on our meat, but I also wonder if its just something needless to worry with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Dollar View Post

I'm sure the science says the white smoke has particles that we don't want on our meat, but I also wonder if its just something needless to worry with.
    I don't have a problem with white smoke, dark or black smoke on the other hand , yea cause that's a poorly combustive fire.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

TVWBB All-Star
    As I have said before, I bury my wood chunks (under 1 layer of briquettes) on the outside and pour lit coals in the middle. I get thin blue the whole cook and great taste. Lots of ways to do it. Can't argue with Chris' method; after all, he IS the WSM guru.
    Lew
    Bunch of Webers, Smoke EZ, GMG Daniel Boone, White Thermapen MK4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234