Just assembled my WSM

All,

Just received and assembled my 18" WSM. Of course, it is the middle of the week and I have to wait until the weekend to fire it up. I am very much looking forward to learning and posting up my experiences on this forum. Once I settle on a new photo repository I will post pictures. I guess photobucket tossed all my old pictures and now charges people. Lame.

Chris

I was pleasantly surprised how long it held temp on a fully lit chimney and another chimney of coals on top of that. I get 9 hours at 250. That is pretty dope.....

Chris

I was pleasantly surprised how long it held temp on a fully lit chimney and another chimney of coals on top of that. I get 9 hours at 250. That is pretty dope.....

Chris

People routinely get 12-14
Ive got my coal basket extended to hold 50% more, i think i could get close to 22-24. I got 18.5 on about 3/4.

Now, thats not needed for any meat i cook, but nice to have a more stable pile thats not falling over edge of ring. Makes ezier to load and light. And temp stays more stable longer with more. Besides, what dont use gets use next time.

Last edited:
Yea it was still chugging when I went to bed so I don't really know how long it would have run. I may do a butt this weekend and that will mean that I start the smoker much earlier and see how long it can run....

Chris

Back