Thread: Cheers from Lompoc, CA

Cheers from Lompoc, CA

All,

I've followed this site for years, but never joined. Well FedEx is currently en route to my house today to drop off my spanking new 18" WSM so I figured it was time to join in the fun. Please be patient as I haven't posted on forums in a few years and I will need to relearn the syntax and such for things. Also, I need to find a place to host pictures.

I'm a brewer on the central coast of California, so if you are ever in Lompoc or Solvang drop by one of my joints and I'll buy you a beer!

Cheers!

Chris

FedEx just delivered the smoker...... Its almost worthy of taking a half day and going home right now. lol.

Chris

Welcome aboard, Chris! Congrats on your new WSM
    22.5 Brownie Bar-B-Q Kettle, 22.5 OTP, 22.5 Performer, 18.5 WSM, Smokey Joe mini smoker
    Sometimes you're the windshield....sometimes you're the bug! Dire Straits

Thanks. I had a Cabela's branded Masterbuild propane 7 in 1 for a long time and I smoked a lot of great meat on it, but I'm ready now to get a bit more hard core. I have already ordered a heatermeter to stoke my geek self......

Prolly The Renown Mr. Brown this weekend to break it in..... We will see. I love that recipe.

Chris

TVWBB Wizard
    Chris welcome, and congrats on a great cooker, i have had mine a few years and just love, hope you have chance to cook something soon keep us informed on your progress.

Welcome Chris! Congrats too on your new WSM. If I ever get that far south I'll stop by and take you up on your offer. I love checking out new brew pubs.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-BrewBasser View Post
    I'm a brewer on the central coast of California, so if you are ever in Lompoc or Solvang drop by one of my joints and I'll buy you a beer!
    I was just down at Cachuma Lake Recreation Area for The Golden State Battle barbecue competition. If I'm down for it next year, I'd like to visit one of your joints. What and where?

Welcome Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    I was just down at Cachuma Lake Recreation Area for The Golden State Battle barbecue competition. If I'm down for it next year, I'd like to visit one of your joints. What and where?
    I'm master brewer at Solvang Brewing Company. We have locations in Solvang, and Lompoc. I had not heard of that competition, but I haven't been looking because I haven't had a smoker for a while, but now I do.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-BrewBasser View Post
    I'm master brewer at Solvang Brewing Company. We have locations in Solvang, and Lompoc. I had not heard of that competition, but I haven't been looking because I haven't had a smoker for a while, but now I do.

Chris
    It's quite a coincidence that in my trip report, the second photo includes the Solvang Brewing Company sign.