Super Cheesy Jalapeno pull apart bread

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
This is what I made for BIG game. Well what was supposed to be a big game...

NOTE: You can sub store bought pizza dough for this if you do not want to go through the process of making your own. Its really not hard, just need the longer proof times so you have to plan in advance.

Recipe:

Dough:

bread flour 630g plus more for dusting
sugar 15g
kosher salt 10g
Instant Yeast 10g
Extra Virgin olive oil 32g
lukewarm water 420g

Combine all dry ingredients into mixing bowl. Using dough hook set mixer on low. Slowly add water and oil. Increase mixer speed and mix until ball no longer clings to side of bowl.

Remove dough to floured surface and kneed several times.

Place in large oiled ziplock. I use 2 gallon. Place in fridge.

Remove dough from fridge at least 4 hours before you plan to cook.

For the topping I used 2 finely diced jalapeños, 2 cloves garlic minced. Sautéed in 4 tablespoons butter. Sautéed in pan you plan on cooking bread in. Do not wipe out. Put in large mixing bowl. Add grated Parmesan. I used about two cups. Mix.

For the dough remove from bag to floured surface. Knees until smooth. Cut into two halves. Working one at a time stretch dough into 6x10. Using knife or scraper cut 1/2” strips (1/2”x6”). Pull slightly and tie loose overhand knot. Place in bowl with topping. Repeat with other ball. Coat all knots, place in Cast iron pan. I had 6 or so more than one layer so just put those on top. Drizzle with olive oil.

Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let proof for 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 425

Sprinkle top of bread with your favorite cheese. I use Monterey Jack. And I added sliced jalapeños.

Bake until golden brown on top. 15-20 minutes.

You can add other things like pepperoni, crispy spam, crispy bacon to the topping mix. Or other seasonings.

32041744967_efdbfed266_c.jpg

Here it is after rising right before going into the oven

46258713914_113988c437_c.jpg

46258714124_2e16b6c0e4_c.jpg

Out of the oven!!!

46069189855_1f33ea8b3f_c.jpg

46258711794_1262821111_c.jpg

The bottom, sides and top get a really nice crispy texture from the cheese, butter and oil. The interior is nice and light. This is super tasty.

Well, this has certainly made it to my "to make" list. This looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

WOW!! Case that one is over the top. That's going on my to do list big time. That's for sharing the recipe.

Looks outstanding Case. Like the jalapeno topping!

WOW!! Case that one is over the top. That's going on my to do list big time. That's for sharing the recipe.

Looks super good Case. Okay Barb get busy:)

LOL! I sometimes wish my wife were on here. Other times, not so much.

That looks wonderful.

Wow, that looks outstanding! I'd tear into that!

That's awesome! I love Jalapeno. Now this one definitely next to my kitchen.

Thanks you!!! This is really good! You can modify the spices and make this to your liking. I lie sun dried tomatoes, basil and chili pepper flakes, goes great with pasta!

Back