How much a case of beer costs per state.

It would be interesting to see how each of those states taxes alcohol and controlled sale price to compare the cost.

That would be about right for domestic beer in Oklahoma.

But craft beer or imported, would run around twice that price of $17 something.

I rarely buy beer by the case, however, occasionally I have a buddy of mine bring me a case of Yuengling
when he travels back East, and he typically charges me $20 to $25.

Pretty comparable up here on the north end of the state, for domestic beer anyway. Budweiser is my everyday beer and I either get 36 packs at Costco for around $22 - $23 per, or Walmart 30 packs for around $18 or $19. .For special occasions I'll upgrade to an IPA. On Friday I bought a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada for $17.99, before tax and CRV.

Seems about right. I keep either Yeungling or PBR as an everyday beer in my fridge. A case is usually $16-18, depending on if I go to Wally World or the local grocery store.
But I also keep a variety of IPAs and ales in there also. While I enjoy them, I refuse to pay more than $9-10 for a sixer!

My go to beer when I've got the smoker fired up , is Founders All Day IPA , a low ABV session beer ..........and I can find it in 15 paks for about $17. That's about as good a price for a quality beer, as I can find.

I haven’t bought a case of beer in years. I brew 5 gallons for $30 on average in grain, water, hops, and yeast. That would be 53 12 oz bottles (but I keg). It tastes 10x better than most beer you can buy plus I have the personal satisfaction of hand crafted beer.

My go to beer when I've got the smoker fired up , is Founders All Day IPA , a low ABV session beer ..........and I can find it in 15 paks for about $17. That's about as good a price for a quality beer, as I can find.

This one of my go to beers as well. Second choice for me is Dales's Pale Ale. I can get that for about $14 a 12-pack. My absolute favorite is Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. But that's only seasonal. Some years Costco carries for around $24 per case. And no I have not touched any Bud, Coors, Miller or any of the other awful in years.... lol
And once a year I am normally in Germany where you can get a case of really good Pils with 20 x 0.5 Liter bottles (approx 28 x 12 liquid ounce bottles) for about 10 Euro or $12 (tax included).

I haven’t bought a case of beer in years. I brew 5 gallons for $30 on average in grain, water, hops, and yeast. That would be 53 12 oz bottles (but I keg). It tastes 10x better than most beer you can buy plus I have the personal satisfaction of hand crafted beer.

I hear ya. I have not brewed in about 2 years. I need to get back it again. And $30 is about right for all the ingredients. But I also need at least half a tank of propane per brew. So in total I am probably more at $70 per 10 gallon batches. Still cheaper and less trash. No cans, no bottles, no plastic.

It's pretty most on point for up here in California... Though you can get some great deals at Rite Aid for imported beer at least twice a month.

I think if you live in a college town it's cheeper. When I was in College Station you could get the 30 stones for 11 bucks. Of course that was 10 years ago.

Back