1/2 cup plus 2 tsp packed dark brown sugar
1 tsp water
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
10 TB unsalted butter, at room temp.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk, at room temp.
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup broken mini pretzels
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini candy -coated chocolates (such as M&M's)
2 cups kettle-cooked potato chips, broken

Prepare baking sheets. Cook bacon and save drippings. Leave bacon in skillet. Add 2 tsp sugar and water to skillet, stir and cook about 1 minute. Put on plate to cool.

Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. With mixer, beat the butter, 2 TB of reserved bacon drippings, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup gran. sugar in large bowl till light and fluffy about 2 or 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture till combined. Add pretzels , chocolate chips, candy, bacon till combined. Stir in potato chips with a rubber spatula.

Roll the dough into large balls (about 3 TB each). Set 2" apart on sheet. Bake, switching pans halfway through. Cook about 13 to 15 minutes.

Source: Food Network mag. - Jan/Feb 2019

Arun, I don't know, but what I meant by my last post was giving everyone advance notice of the Game Day cookie if they want to make it.

Do you think I should post a cookie recipe for every month?

Arun, I don't know, but what I meant by my last post was giving everyone advance notice of the Game Day cookie if they want to make it.

Do you think I should post a cookie recipe for every month?

Oh, now I see that this recipe was for January. Ok, makes sense.

Sure, do a cookie recipe every month.

Back