Hinge for WSM 22

SJHill

I just got a great deal on a new 22 on craigslist. I want to get a hinge for it. I see they’re multiple options. I know a lot of people use the unknown bbq hinge but I see Cajun bandit has one now. Is one known to be better than the other one?

I just got a great deal on a new 22 on craigslist. I want to get a hinge for it. I see they’re multiple options. I know a lot of people use the unknown bbq hinge but I see Cajun bandit has one now. Is one known to be better than the other one?

The one cajun bandit sells is the unknown bbq one. Several vendors sell it. Theres a few cheaper knock offs on ebay, and the hunsaker one (no pin). I like look of way hunsaker works, but never seen in person. There is no reason to have lid attached imo

Here is one for 60 bucks that looks just like mine.
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00NI1CRFY/tvwb-20 Looks like it has good reviews.
I bought my smoker used,and it came with the hinge. I would have never paid that kind of money for a hinge..............................until I have one and am used to it. I said in a thread not long ago,if my smoker was stolen I wouldn't hesitate to buy a hinge. It's just too convenient to open the lid and not give a thought about where you are going to set it down.

Email Jason at “Unknown”, great guy, the design is so smart, really well made and as far as I’m concerned, a very fair price! Besides, he’s fun to converse with.

Back