Weber Gourmet BBQ System for Genesis II

Billy B

I've been a proud owner of a Weber Performer Kettle for 7 years, and with it, an avid user of the Weber Gourmet BBQ System. Unfortunately, the apartment complex I live in changed their rules, and I'm not allowed to have a charcoal grill any longer. While I'd move, I don't think there's any apartments that would allow them, so I'm going to part with the grill and move over to gas. So I've been eyeing the Genesis II, but it doesn't seem like there's any Genesis II options or accessories in the US that would allow for the usage of my Gourmet BBQ System. I called Weber, and the person I spoke to said they didn't have anything for the Genesis II, so before I part with all my accessories, I wanted to check to see if you guys knew any options I may have. Is there any way to import the grates from outside the US? Are there 3rd party grate makers? Thanks!

That is a good question. Looks like Weber makes a GBS grate for the Genesis II since these grills are sold as GBS grills in Europe. But as it looks like GBS is not offered in the US.
Here is the Weber UK Website: https://www.weber.com/GB/en/barbecues/gas-barbecues/genesis-ii-series/
I would keep the GBS parts for now and check if there is an option down the road. But to be honest I don't think the gas grill is the best option for the GBS system. You probably might want to look at the 2019 model with the sear burner which has a bit more power.

You could always look for a used Genesis 300 series grill (not Genesis II) and go that route because Weber made the GBS grates for them (part no. WEBER 7587). If you find a Spirit E-310 series grill (the ones with the enclosed cart, not the new ones) then the GBS grate for that is WEBER 7586.

Last edited:
That is a good question. Looks like Weber makes a GBS grate for the Genesis II since these grills are sold as GBS grills in Europe. But as it looks like GBS is not offered in the US.

Yes, that was something I noticed online. Would the grills from Europe and the US be model wise and size wise the same? I want to get a 3 or 4 burner Genesis II, and if I can keep my current GBS accessories, that would be optimal. Are there places that will ship compatible GBS parts to the US?

Yes the European and US grills are the same size wise. But importing stuff would be very expensive. Weber is more expensive in Europe than here in the US. They charge more in Euro over there than in $US over here. On top of that you have to add shipping cost if you find a dealer who is willing to ship.

I haven't looked, but Weber also sells more interesting stuff in Canada than in the US. With you being in Seattle, that may be an option to explore.

BTW: I'm still willing to make it worth someone's while to make a GBS grate for my 26er . . .

BD

Last edited:
I would also call Weber and ask if they have any plans offering the GBS grates for the Genesis II here in the US.

Back