14" WSM for $108

Mark Combs

TVWBB Member
The Ace hardware in Palatine, IL is remodeling and clearing out some 14"WSM. They are currently 50% of $219 ($108). Looked like they had 3 in box, and 1 out of box.

Mark;
That's a really good deal! I have used my 14.5" (purchased when they hit the market - this last time) a good bit. It is a really good smoker (like the other two WSM's). Get yourself a couple of rib racks that fit, cut the "rack of ribs" in half and they will be perfectly smoked end to end. I use the same rib racks I got for my mini.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I think it is a great deal- same with the charcoal summit I posted about for $850.

No, I did not buy them all- or in fact any of them. I think my better half would skin me alive, as I already have the 18 and 22.

The 14 would likely not see much use as I often cook larger portions. But I did want to share in the event there was someone in the area looking or had a use for 1.

So I was just in there picking up a compressor. For those in the area, everything in the store is 50% off, albeit there are a lot of empty shelves.

They still had the Summit @$850 and at least 3 (May have been 4) of the 14.5 WSM. In addition, the had 3 of the q1200 @$110 each, a genesis 2LX e240blk NG @ $525, and a genesis 2LX s240ss Ng @$575. The 50% off is off the reg prices, which is misleading if you look at some of the pics below that reflect sale prices.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FSEKZiSDEsrbwqLm9

You are showing great restraint, my compliments! I completely understand the maintenance of household Harmony, my wife is really compassionate...to a point.
I am going to keep my eyes open for a 14” just for those times when I am just doing a small cook.
I love my 18, the 22 was too big so, I sold it. I don’t need any more but, I think I “want” the 14. If it falls in my lap, fine if not, I can wait.

Back