Got my first Q....

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
Found a brand new Q2200 for $75. Never used once. Still has tape on the tables. Included in the price was also the propane tank adapter 6501. My first Q ever. I will probably flip it as I don’t have need for it. I have to check if I can find a cheap cart and cover. And the best: no firebox clean out needed. 😂

I have had about a dozen different Q models in the last couple of years.
I have wanted to keep at least half of them, but I always end up
flipping them for whatever reason. Great grills.

Yah, I have a Q2xxx grill in the garage and a Q3xxx as well. They are to be flipped. I also have two Q2xx for personal use already. I may wind up rehabbing one of those for resale as well.

The biggest issue with rehabbing a Q grill is the cooking grates. There isn't a lot of aftermarket stuff out there to bring the prices down and having to replace the grates for a flip eats up a good portion of the profit. I think there is one outfit on amazon that makes an aftermarket grate, but it isn't all that much cheaper than a real weber.

But, there is a lot less work in rehabbing a Q than a Genesis.

My first Q ever. I will probably flip it as I don’t have need for it. ��

Stefan, you might want to cook on it before you decide you don't need it. I am a charcoal guy but I really like the way the Q cooks food.

Here is some teriyaki chicken.

Yah, for a quick cook, they are awesome. I certainly don't "need" mine, but would be hard pressed to not have a Q available to do a couple steaks or burgers or brats. Sometimes I use both. I do my steaks on the Genesis 1000 and my grilled asparagus on the Q so that they get done at the same time.

Stefan, you might want to cook on it before you decide you don't need it. I am a charcoal guy but I really like the way the Q cooks food.

Here is some teriyaki chicken.

Pat,
That looks great! I will be waiting for the invite next time:smilekettle:!

Those grill marks get me every time, but I also love teriyaki chicken. Need to get busy and make some!

Love my q220. Red of course. But what's with no used q100s ? I need a small one and around here the prices asked are just to high.

I have put it up for sale this weekend. I might keep it if I cannot sell it. But right now I don't really have a place to put it. And personally I would like to go with something a little smaller when I am just grilling for 1 or 2. The 2200 isn't really a small grill.

It is just my wife and I and I had a Q100 but swapped in the Q200. There were times I wanted more room for us or maybe the daughter and fiance were over and I didn't want to drag out the Genesis 1000. But, really, the Q200 is more of a luxury than necessity. I have it on a small deck off the back of the house. Not much room on the deck, so i build a wood shelf on the outside of the railing to hold the Q. That way, it really takes up no room at all.

I have put it up for sale this weekend. I might keep it if I cannot sell it. But right now I don't really have a place to put it. And personally I would like to go with something a little smaller when I am just grilling for 1 or 2. The 2200 isn't really a small grill.

Stefan,
I am glad for your sake that you have more discipline than me! I personally really like the Q 200/2000 series grills, and the 2200 is the best of the best:cool:. But, if it isn't right for you, than by all means make some $ on it. A 100/1000 series Q is also super nice and there are sometimes steal of deal on these. Higher btu per square inch, too, although I never found my Q 200 to be inadequate.

I’ve had my q200 for over 10 years now. Bought it and the stand for $50 on Craigslist. I have to say, it has probably become our go to grill at our house and camper. So much so, that I have several friends that have got a q2 simply because of how much they liked mine. My 17 yr old son now does the majority of the grilling (when I’m working late) and he now claims the q as his own. I can’t see myself without a Q grill, and for us, the Q2xxx series fits our needs perfectly.
Good luck selling or keeping yours, either way you’re gonna come out a winner.
Tim

I sold it today. I was debating of keeping it but the 2200 is not that much smaller than my old Genesis Silver/Gold/Platinum to make a big difference. In addition I really mostly grill on weekends and recently have fallen back to charcoal and my Performer. Now I just need to sell my two refurbished Silver C and that WSM 18.5”.
And no I am not giving up on gas grills. Lol. I still love my Platinum C but I just have too many sitting around.

Last edited:
Bought some raffle tickets at a company fund-raiser the other day and low and behold, I won a new Q 1200! Never even cooked on one. Still NIB, unopened. Given the fleet of Webers parked on my patio, the Q may have to be sold. Although it is tempting to buy that little cart and call it my tailgate and camping only-Weber.

However last time I checked, there was a glut of old (and new) Qs in Chicagoland's social marketplace (Facebook, CL, OU etc). Maybe I'll just give it to my nephew as a wedding gift this summer.

Tony: That is an extremely useful grill if you ever plan to grill on the go such as tailgating, camping, or picnicking or simply cooking for two or three people. You can probably sell it for a bit over $100 new in box. They are around $150 in stores. I think using it as a wedding gift is a great idea. But, if you don't have a Q, I think you should consider keeping it. Or just find one for sale for about $25 and as long as the grates are in decent shape, you save a ton of money. The new grates are about $50 and usually the part that needs replacing first on them.

Yah, I meant to say that in my post as well. I think it would be a great grill for a pair of newlyweds.

I recently sold my red Q1200 on a collapsible stand to a young recently married couple. It is their first grill, and I loved it because it was the wife who contacted me, picked it out and told me that her husband “doesn’t know anything about grills;)!” They have been grilling almost daily since getting that nice little Q.

I guess I need to update my signature line. Right after selling it and feeling “Qless” I was able to get a 2200 on the large cart that makes it look like a 3200. Haven’t been able to do anything with it but hope after tax season to make it a redhead and put it into service. I had a 3200 at one point that I liked very much, but I personally just preferred how my first Q - a 200 - cooked and always missed it after having given it away to a friend. So I sold the 3200, and now having owned all three sizes, am back where I started:eek:!

Last edited:

Back