Some Slow-N-Sear fun

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

I got to play with my new slow n sear some more this weekend. I cooked some ribeyes saturday and some St. Louis cut spare ribs for the playoff games.

Ribeyes

Tel - Tru during the indirect portion of the cook

Smoke reading during the indirect portion of the cook. It's close enough that I'll take it.

I put the rub on after the indirect.

Final product. Pretty similar to my last cook, but it was fun.

St. Louis cut ribs with this new rub I'm trying.

Getting the SNS going.

Cooked them unwrapped. I had some issues with the temp at the beginning. Once I got it sorted out the temp rode pretty steady.

Sliced shot.

Another sliced shot. I need to work on my slicing skills.

These ribs turned out great. My wife loved them and she normally hates ribs. They were very tender and the bark was really tasty.

The bark on the spares looks like bark on salt/pepper beef ribs, looks really good.

Your Kettle came with a Tel Tru , or did you install that ?

I Installed the Tel Tru myself. My kettle is an OTS that I've added stuff to over the years, like the ash pan, the wooden handles, various grates, and the thermometer.

Everything looks great! I really don't remember getting a ribeye for dinner. I have the same plate. Specifically bought it for a competition that required all participants to use the same plate.

My wife and I somehow got two sets as a wedding gift. I seriously wish we had some different plates! The seemed so much cooler 5 years ago!

Back