Collaborative Chimichangas

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
My wife wanted to cook Chimichangas yesterday. It was her cook but she asked me to grill a whole chicken to use in the cook. In that I "helped" I'll post a few pic's.

Found a nice little 4 lb. bird and slapped it on my rotisserie. Nothing fancy, a little butter, salt and pepper.

enhance

enhance

Pulled at 165 breast and 173 thighs.

enhance

She's a much better cook than me!

enhance

They were absolutely delicious and she did four, so we each have one left. Thanks for looking everyone.

One more thought that I just remembered. My wife likes to make baked Chimichangas in the oven. You brush the outside of the tortilla with butter then into the oven to crisp up and brown. Usually running the oven around 400°. One could easily crank the heat up on a Weber and do the same thing! Weber Baked Chimichangas! Cook Chicken in the Weber then open the vents and let it get smoking hot while you assemble the chimichanga. I think I know what's for dinner soon!

That looks great Cliff, I have a food network recipe that looks very similar to that. Haven't tried it yet but Barb and I both agree we will do it soon. I saw your comment about your wife being a much better cook than you. Could I have the name of the five star restaurant that lady is the head chef of.:)

WOW!!! Your wife did a fantastic job on that dinner it looks delicious. Cliff, you did good also.

Back