Grill Cover Recommendations

Rodney B

TVWBB Member
My cover on my Genesis needs to be replaced. Looking for recommendations for a quality cover that will last. This one has lasted over 8 years which is great, just wish I could remember what brand it is and the tag is to faded to read. Thanks in advance.

Lots of opinions on this. Some people do not like the new Weber covers that are more a breathable fabric than the old waterproof solid type. I personally do like the new covers. I like that they breathe and allow the moisture to wick out. If you prefer the more solid, slick covers I would recommend giving King Kong covers on Amazon a look.

Yah, I was going to recommend checking out the King Kong covers. I don't own one, but they seem to get pretty good reviews on amazon as well as some of the reviews I have seen on this forum in the past.

I'm 6 months into 5 new King Kong covers for my fleet, most came with free grill brush, tongs and a cheapo knockoff thermapen too. Great price. I have noticed when snow and later snow melt are present on the covers I have taken a look underneath and grills are dry as a bone. Even after a rain. So, I'm pleased with weatherproofing. They are heavier than expected, good tie down/velcro strips too. Only problem is on the small two-burner (Spirit/Skyline 520), the fitment is terrible. I got the Weber # from CS and ordered the KK version, but it hangs like a size 50L jacket on a 42 Regular. So, I am having a seamstress chop and hem about 6" off the bottom. That's the plan anyway. IDK maybe I got bad info when ordering.

Overall King Kong: 4 stars out of 5. Great price, free utensils, heavy and secure. Deductions for difficulty in pinpointing which cover to order and they don't have that Weber-like vent in front.

Yup, +1 for King Kong.

I do agree they are a good cover for a very fair price. For me, in a very high humidity environment, I like that trapped humidity can escape through Weber's new style. But if you are more concerned about precipitation rather than ambient moisture, the King Kong ones are a better choice.

I will have to re-share this funny comparison. So just how close can you get without copyright infringement:

95uf68.jpg

I do agree they are a good cover for a very fair price. For me, in a very high humidity environment, I like that trapped humidity can escape through Weber's new style. But if you are more concerned about precipitation rather than ambient moisture, the King Kong ones are a better choice.

I will have to re-share this funny comparison. So just how close can you get without copyright infringement:

95uf68.jpg

Funny pic. Just looking at the part numbers. I just bought an original Weber cover for the performer with the number #7152. Not Weber 7455 and not KK 7152 but Weber 7512. Was on sale at HD.
https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/care/covers-and-carry-bags/7152.html

I think Weber has changed their design of the covers several times over the years. I don't know how the newer ones compare against the older ones. For the gassers I always liked the older style weber covers with the vents on the front and back. But I think they were discontinued 10+ years ago.

I've got the classic accessories ravenna one on mine. Looks like its 35 bucks on amazon. I don't remember it being that much when I bought it. I've got a newer style weber one on my WSM and I love it so far and it has been rainy this year. Very little moisture.

I got some Texas Grill Covers off Amazon for my Genesis and Performer a couple of years ago. They are still in great shape. Have a Classic Accessories cover for my WSM - it seems to be lasting also.

I got some Texas Grill Covers off Amazon for my Genesis and Performer a couple of years ago. They are still in great shape. Have a Classic Accessories cover for my WSM - it seems to be lasting also.

Yeah, I don't have any personal experience, but the Texas Grill Covers do look like another good possibility.

Back