Vortex Wings and Beans

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Sunday night after the game, I wanted something quick and easy. What better than wings and beans.

Doctored up a couple of large cans of Bush's Baked Beans with peppers, garlic, bacon and onion etc. Sorry about the shadow.

enhance

Mixed it all up and gave everything about an hour to heat through.

enhance

Got about 3 lbs of wings on the grill.

enhance

enhance

Dredged in Frank's Red Hot. (Original, not the wing sauce)

enhance

enhance

Quick, easy dinner. Thanks for looking everyone.

Mighty fine looking batch of wings. What rub did you use? Have not noticed you using a vortex.

The beans look great. Wish my wife liked them as much as I do.

What rub did you use? Have not noticed you using a vortex.

The beans look great. Wish my wife liked them as much as I do.

Thanks Robert. Just salt and pepper on this batch. The Franks Red Hot provides the flavor. Yeah, I've had my Vortex for a couple of years now. I love it. Besides wings and steaks I use it a lot with my SM attachment. The two used together are great for bringing something to a rolling boil and then reducing heat to a simmer quickly by raising grill height.

PS.... I could live on beans alone... I think. I love 'em!

Nice dinner Cliff, really like the beans. I use my dog dish vortex to do thighs on the JJ. It's odd here I can get split bone in breasts, thighs, legs and quarters for under a $1.00 a pound all the time, wings run $4.99 to $6.99 a pound and I won't pay more for wings than a rib eye.

Cliff, that is one simple and delicious dinner you did. Everything looks real yummy.

Rich, I totally agree with the pricing of wings being ridiculous! The neighborhood market is having a “buy two/ get three” deal this week on boneless skinless breasts so, those are amazingly “reasonable”!
I’m not too much in need right now and the freezer has a box of books keeping it closed! Next time...

Back