Hello From SoCal

Darrell Jones

Greetings,

I've been a long time user of this forum and TVWBB and finally figured it was time to post up. For years I'd taken a break from forums for various reasons but have always loved this site, the knowledge, the sharing, and the "feel" of the community.

I currently have an 18" WSM, two Weber 22" kettles, and a Smokey Joe.

But I was getting a little discouraged in cooking outside by not having a gas option available. We had replaced parts on the Viking twice in the 20 years we've owned it - esentially buying the grill again because of the high price of parts. I enjoyed this grill, but couldn't justify it again.

I always felt like I was wasting charcoal if I was only cooking a few burgers or wings. I tried to recycle as much as I could but was quickly getting in a grilling rut.

Last week I received an unexpected holiday bonus at work, so we decided to buy a grill.

After looking around, I ordered a Weber Genesis II SE-410. It's a 2018 model that I bought online and got a great deal on - free freight - found a couple coupons, etc.

I already bought the Weber griddle insert already. The family has asked that we christen the new grill by making burgers. Who am I to argue?

I've already have 4 meals planned this week for the grills and smoker. Burgers, short ribs, pulled pork and hot wings.

Looking forward to getting outside and cooking more now that I've been reinvigorated!

Welcome Darrell, looking forward to seeing your cooks. Have fun and where are you in SoCal. Rich and I lived in Lake Forest for 28 years and still have kids there.

Back