Aww, what the heck.

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
It's been so long since I've posted a cook. Today's isn't anything crazy, but I'll throw it out there. In anticipation of the snow arriving here in the DC 'burbs, I threw on a 7.5lb butt this morning. Injected, then rubbed with McCormick's 'Sweet and Smoky' rub. I've used this on ribs a few times and its pretty good for those times you just want to hit the easy button. Things are moving right along with the cook. High-ish heat (250-275) and the flakes started coming down about an hour ago - 6 hours into the cook. I'm looking forward to some good eats tonight.

45801816145_3279dbafb1.jpg

A delicious little meteorite. I pulled it at 6:15 - it was a little early, but the snow was starting to get heavy, it was dark and we were getting hungry. Came out pretty well, but could've stayed on a bit longer.

31784870547_d2d51a02a1.jpg

45810840615_2309f128c0.jpg

I also made some chicken tortilla soup from the carcass of a Peruvian style chicken I did on the Performer a few nights ago.

46001783634_35b92c937d.jpg

We had a scant inch of snow last night but, it was cold! I’m still fussing around with a bathroom project, plumbers left me with a lot of “finishing” to do.
I’d pulled a 9 lb butt from the freezer to do yesterday so, I was committed to that for dinner but, got side tracked with some of the cleanup that was left behind. I had had every intention of getting it on the kettle about nine but, that turned into almost noon! Drat and double Drat! Anyway, between working with my brother in law and trying to get drywall up to mud in, the butt finished in the oven and was declared delightful by all. They were all very kind, it was not my best effort.
I am not patient when it comes to home improvement projects!
I see light at the end of the tunnel but, I’m afraid it’s an oncoming train!

Both the butt and the soup look good. It's been raining a lot here of late - could go for a bowl of that soup.

Man that plated pic looks so delicious. Awesome job on the cook and stay safe from the storm.

Back