Smoked Meatloaf

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I've been saving this recipe for a while. Finally got to it last night.

Softened up some peppers before hand.

enhance

When they were done, mixed them with a bbq rub and a half cup of bbq sauce, both homemade. Set aside.

enhance

Took a couple slices of sandwich bread, tore into small pieces and let them soak up some buttermilk and mixed in a couple of eggs.

enhance

Added the pepper mixture and the bread mix with a pound each of 80/20 Chuck and a pound of Johnsonville Spicy Breakfast Sausage.

enhance

All ready for the smoker.

enhance

On my 18 WSM, running at 225 with some Pecan.

enhance

Got some Crash Potatoes ready to go.

enhance

One hour. This cook was supposed to go for 3 to 4 hours. The smoker temp got away from me when I was in the kitchen and it was cruising at about 260 after 20 minutes in. Quickly corrected back to 225. Still, the meatloaf was sitting at 155 IT at the hour and 15 mark. Ooops! Shut the two lower vents completely and let it cruise on the ATC the remainder of the cook at 200. The meat temp held at 165 for the remaining time until we were ready to eat.

enhance

enhance

Applied more bbq sauce about 15 minutes before I pulled it.

enhance

Gave the potatoes about 25 minutes.

enhance

Stirred the asparagus along with the chopped garlic until asparagus was soft

enhance

When done pulled the pan and added sliced Kalamata olives and some chopped Basil.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Thanks for looking everyone. Enjoy big game weekend!

Nice looking meatloaf Cliff. I like the olive and asparagus idea, going to have to give that a try.

Heaven on a plate! Killer meatloaf. Those sides sure round things out. Def need to try the crash potatoes and the asparagus.

WOW!!! Cliff, you did it again over the top dinner. Everything looks so yummy great job.

That's what I'm making tonight! I've been craving meatloaf sandwhiches.

Your meal looks fantastic!

Back