Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weber Charcoal at $3.90/bag

TVWBB Member
    I bought a few bags yesterday and then picked up four more bags this morning at 6:30 on my way home from taking my son to the airport.my wife told me to go back and get more so I went back and by 9 am it was all gone.

Apparently goes fast on Saturday morning.

so I've got like eight bags of the Weber and about half a dozen bags of the embers still left that I got for $3 a bag. All it basically $0.20 a pound. I went through half a dozen bags of the embers pretty quick over Christmas and just about 1.5 weeks.
    Last edited by MartinB; 01-12-2019 at 11:06 AM.

TVWBB Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    Thank you Dave, you were right.

$75 worth of Weber briquettes.

You're welcome Pat !! Glad you scored.
    Ranch Kettle x 2, MiniRanch Gen2 Performer , SS Performer , OTG , OTS, Red MBH, JJ, SJS, Summit 650, Genesis Silver C , Genesis Gold C

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    You're welcome Pat !! Glad you scored.
    Yep, and two of my friends hit the same store right after me.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

TVWBB Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in CA View Post
    I told my Wife about this and she started calculating the savings at 67 bags $4 vs $20. If you look at it like that then it could be said over $1000 dollars was saved.

Yep yep. Tried explaining that to some guy on FB kettle groups who was complaining about all the "I scored" posts.
    Ranch Kettle x 2, MiniRanch Gen2 Performer , SS Performer , OTG , OTS, Red MBH, JJ, SJS, Summit 650, Genesis Silver C , Genesis Gold C

TVWBB Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    I bought a few bags yesterday and then picked up four more bags this morning at 6:30 on my way home from taking my son to the airport.my wife told me to go back and get more so I went back and by 9 am it was all gone.

Apparently goes fast on Saturday morning.

so I've got like eight bags of the Weber and about half a dozen bags of the embers still left that I got for $3 a bag. All it basically $0.20 a pound. I went through half a dozen bags of the embers pretty quick over Christmas and just about 1.5 weeks.

Martin, did you check brickseek to see if there were any other stores close by ?

https://brickseek.com/home-depot-inv...?sku=300620528

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    Yep, and two of my friends hit the same store right after me.

Ummm, why was there any left for them ? Did you know they were coming and were just being nice ?

TVWBB Super Fan
    After checking brickseek and seeing my local store has 87 on hand I decided to go. When I got there I found several torn and destroyed bags. I managed to get 5 that were in good shape, and even some of the ones I grabbed have rippes in them.

TVWBB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in CA View Post
    After checking brickseek and seeing my local store has 87 on hand I decided to go. When I got there I found several torn and destroyed bags. I managed to get 5 that were in good shape, and even some of the ones I grabbed have rippes in them.
    So the 87 count was inaccurate? In Mass, I see some of the stores still have plenty of bags left (120, 300+, etc). I'm debating getting another batch of coals.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Ummm, why was there any left for them ? Did you know they were coming and were just being nice ?
    2 reasons Dave.

1. They are my friends
    2. I now have 600 lbs of charcoal in my garage

Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSmith View Post
    So the 87 count was inaccurate? In Mass, I see some of the stores still have plenty of bags left (120, 300+, etc). I'm debating getting another batch of coals.
    When I got to the store I found about 20 bags. There was another couple there sorting through them when I walked up. I must have had an I need charcoal look about me because they raised their hand and said what you're looking for is over here. Then they asked me how many bags I wanted I told them I was going to pick up around 10. But I don't think there was that many good back left. I think they took six bags and I took 5 that we're not too torn up. When I left there was still several bags but they were beaten torn and broken. But I did check brickseek again after I left the store and it still said they had 86 bags. So it wasn't entirely accurate. At least not 5 or 10 minutes after we purchased our charcoal.

Picked up 10 bags. And other folks to the remaining bags. That stuff was gone so fast.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast