Junk Food

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Well, not exactly..... Not Weber related though. Had a cook scheduled a couple of nights ago but we had several hours of very heavy rain and 40 mph winds were predicted with possible gusts up to 50 mph. I folded camp and called it a day. Earlier in the day I did some kitchen stuff and had fun anyway.

In the morning I made some Ebelskivers. My wife is Danish and she introduced these to me a few years ago. I saw Case's a couple weeks back and realized it'd been way too long. Nice breakfast on a rainy morning. I filled these with strawberry preserves.

My first batch.

enhance

Second batch.

enhance

Also dusted with confectioner's sugar before eating. Not shown. I had eight.

enhance

Needed some bread for my evening's cook. As mentioned, that cook was scrubbed. The loaves had proofed overnight in the fridge so I went ahead and baked that as well. These loaves are Tartine Country Sourdough.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thanks for looking!

Okey Dokey then, the new ebelskiver pan will hit the heat this weekend!
I received the one Case had mentioned for Christmas! The one my dad had and I must have gifted to someone was bigger, lips finished size almost the size of a scoop of ice cream, this one is maybe 1/3 that.
Probably better for me.

Last edited:
I've been eating ebelskivers for about 65 years. It's a Christmas morning breakfast tradition in our family even my adult children have been doing it for many years with their families. That and a couple of shots of Akvavit, a Danish vodka gets the Christmas day started.
Cliff I have the recipe for the ebelskivers, but I'm curious about the technique for getting the jam in the middle. Did you pour about half and then put the jam in and pour the top half?
Also that bread looks fantastic.

I've been eating ebelskivers for about 65 years. It's a Christmas morning breakfast tradition in our family even my adult children have been doing it for many years with their families. That and a couple of shots of Akvavit, a Danish vodka gets the Christmas day started.
Cliff I have the recipe for the ebelskivers, but I'm curious about the technique for getting the jam in the middle. Did you pour about half and then put the jam in and pour the top half?
Also that bread looks fantastic.

Like Rich said we've been doing this for ever. Love them along with the Akvavit. Your bred is to die for and as always a fantastic cook Cliff.

Those look good Cliff. I really need to learn how to make bread, yours looks amazing.

Thanks everyone!

Cliff, is there anything you're not good at?:)

Hey Robert, there's plenty of things I'm lousy at! I'm just lucky at times and there's a ton of good help and advice around here! Hope your new year is going well.

Yes Rich, that's what I did. About a 1/4 tsp butter in each cup. When it bubbles I add about 1 tbsp batter, a teaspoon of the filling, whatever you're using. This recipe called for Lingonberry Jam. Not a chance around here so I just used the strawberry preserves as that's what we had in the fridge. Then top with another tbsp of batter.

Those are tasty looking Aebleskivers! I like the Mohawk loaf too!

Try fresh peaches as the filling sometime, super tasty!

You sure know how to start your day. Those Ebelskivers sure look delish. I'm positive the bread was too.

Back