Offer Up in chicago.

That looks pretty nice and is, in fact, rather rare. Somebody in the Chicago area needs to get that one!

The post indicates that it is missing the hose from tank to grill. Difficult to come by or fairly common?

Just for for kicks I just messaged the guy, and it is still available.

That sounds like the regulator which would be no problem to replace. The issue on these long discontinued grills is that the burners are very unique and the grates as well. If they are in as good a shape as the rest of the grill, this one is a steal in my opinion.

Here is what he said relative to the inside. “Grates are good gas tubes decent little rust one tube as small crack but decent shape ”.

trying to get him to send some pics of the inside.

If burner is cracked it's toast. You could adapt a crossover tube from any early 3 burner Genesis (2 row) as the length will work. But the actual burners will be shorter and I will lay odds you'll never find one. Perhaps with some cutting, a vice and some welding one could be made but I'm sorry these were never good enough grills to be bothered with it

Yah, maybe for a personal project grill it would be OK. But, for a flip, it isn't something I would deal with. The mission propane hose wouldn't be an issue unless it was actually a NG grill. If it was propane, then that is a $10-$15 fix. But if it is NG and you want to convert it to Propane, it might be be a bit tough to find a manifold. Finding replacement burner tubes might be tough as well.
Regardless, I wouldn't pay $75 for it. Not a lot of buyers are going to want to deal with replacing a propane hose if that is what is needed. My guess is that grill sits there for a while. I would offer $25 if I was at all interested. If he balks, let him sit on it for a week or two and contact him again. But only if you are interested in this particular grill for personal reasons. There are a lot better deals out there on used Webers if you just want a good older weber grill.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insights. I Started to toy with the idea, but really not sure I am willing to make the 2 hour round trip. We’ll see if he sends some pics of the inside.

Is there anything specific about that grill that interests you or would you be open to a Genesis 1000 (3 burner) or something similar? Maybe a Genesis Silver A two burner?

Thanks Bruce. I think more the novelty of it being a jr. and somewhat rare was really the issue. The thrill of the hunt as they say.

Originally was just sharing the post. Then thought, well maybe, then returned back to my senses as I truly do not have a need for it nor do I have the time to flip it—especially if it needs work.

Thanks Bruce. I think more the novelty of it being a jr. and somewhat rare was really the issue. The thrill of the hunt as they say.

Originally was just sharing the post. Then thought, well maybe, then returned back to my senses as I truly do not have a need for it nor do I have the time to flip it—especially if it needs work.

No, it is not a flip grill, and based on what many say not all that great of a grilling grill! That is strange, because it features the same double layer of flavorizer bars as the first Genesis.

So, this is a grill you buy and fix up to show off and enjoy the history. The kind of goofy thing that I hopelessly fall into again and again:(. I know because my wife reminds me:eek:. If you are blessed to have funds and lots of room for grills that have little purpose other than to look at and share their history, then just like collecting old cars have some fun! This would be a good candidate. There have been posts here where someone successfully modified some Genesis burners to work on the Jr. If you want one and want it to work, it can be done. But don't think if you fix it all up there will be someone ready to pay a high enough price for one to resell at a profit.

I would still love to have one if I had extra $ and could find space to accommodate it!

The mission propane hose wouldn't be an issue unless it was actually a NG grill. If it was propane, then that is a $10-$15 fix. But if it is NG and you want to convert it to Propane, it might be be a bit tough to find a manifold. Finding replacement burner tubes might be tough as well.

It is a Propane grill as evident by the tank decal.

There have been posts here where someone successfully modified some Genesis burners to work on the Jr.

That would be me.

If burner is cracked it's toast. You could adapt a crossover tube from any early 3 burner Genesis (2 row) as the length will work. But the actual burners will be shorter and I will lay odds you'll never find one. Perhaps with some cutting, a vice and some welding one could be made.

As Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics once stated...
"Anything is possible!!"
See post 92

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?75451-Found-my-unfindable-a-Weber-Junior-Jr/page10

Jeff

Last edited:
Yes if you look carefully I recommended just that precisely. I actually did not remember that thread but exactly what I was thinking

Jeff, I have seen a couple others ask, but I apologize as I do not see your answer. What was the cost of having those tubes specially made to fit?

I had thought about the “custom burner tubes” from Jeff’s thread too, it’s pretty cool, not for me but, it’s cool.
Yes Jeff, I think you mentioned that they were not inexpensive but, if it’s going to be a “Keeper” why not make it as near perfect as possible!

Last edited:
Jeff, I have seen a couple others ask, but I apologize as I do not see your answer. What was the cost of having those tubes specially made to fit?

I had thought about the “custom burner tubes” from Jeff’s thread too, it’s pretty cool, not for me but, it’s cool.
Yes Jeff, I think you mentioned that they were not inexpensive but, if it’s going to be a “Keeper” why not make it as near perfect as possible!

I bought the NOS Weber Burner Tubes myself and had them shipped directly to Dave Santana aka rcplanebuyer.

Dave did the mods to the tubes for $35.00.
Not sure if it was a package deal as I was buying the Flavorizer bars at the same time.

David does fantastic work as I have bought his Grates as well as Flavorizer Bars for several Weber's over the years and have always been impressed with his craftsmanship.

Jeff

I am just wondering if a guy couldn't take a couple of tubes from a Genesis 1000 and cut them down and then crimp the end with a vise and fashion the crimped end to match the end of a regular tube?

Back