Another new WSM owner

BillSmith

TVWBB Pro
Hi, I'm a longtime Weber gasser (since 98). Just picked up a 18" WSM yesterday for *FREE* from LetGo in Somerville, MA. Looking forward to using it in the spring. Will be watching some YouTube videos and reading this forum to get info on how to best use it. Excited!

Fire it up now, no need to wait until spring. Works just as good when it is cold out
as warm. I actually really like to cold smoke cheese and make jerky this time of year.

Last edited:
+1 on firing it up now; I use mine year round. Congrats! YouTube is good but this is the best place for WSM advice!

Hey, there’s a “potential weather event” predicted for here on Saturday and I’m planninga butt smoke. Why not? The thing has a lid. At least I have always subscribed to that when it regards using the kettle. Light it, load it, and lay back! A good time will be had by all!

LOL. I know it's lame but I put my stuff away for the winter and focus on indoor cooking (baking, casseroles, etc). Then in April, I start cooking outside until Nov. Hard to believe but I tire of the BBQ stuff by Nov.

You can take away my BBQ card for this site for the above comments!

You don’t lose the card for that, just two holes punched!
I understand completely, the mouth wants change from time to time, tonight, teriyaki chicken thighs on the kettle in the rain/possible snow. Last night was a panko Parmesan crusted chicken breast, night before was grilled burgers. Saturday, pulled pork. Next weeks menu still up in the air, I need to do a few laps of the freezer but, if weather gets really ugly, I’ll work inside.

Dieting is such an inconvenience!
Good luck, I should too.
Hiccup in the weekend smoking project, bathroom shower installation has not gone as planned, we might have a can of soup! Drat and double drat!

Last edited:
I bought 15 bags ($3.90/bag) of the Weber charcoal at Home Depot yesterday so I'm ready to start smoking.

Back