I'm a sucker for outdoor cooking gadgets!

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Before the end on the year I was perusing the pre-Black Friday sales. Darn Blackstone had some good deals on their 22" Flat top grill. Most arounf $99, not good enough to pull the trigger in mind. Then I saw that Home Depot was going to have them in store for $79 on Black Friday, I don't do that so that didn't happen.

So yesterday I was at Home Depot and I took a detour down the BBQ isle and there was one 22" grill in a damaged box. No price. I loaded it into my cart and took it to Customer service for a price check. $49.99, yeah it came home with me and it will live in my cargo trailer camper. Box was damaged, no damage to the unit, and all the parts are there! I'll season the top tonight and then I think that the first meal will be smash burgers!

46584663562_9d32a995fb_c.jpg

I got the 17 for Christmas, great little grills. So far I've cooked fried rice and bacon on it, the wife said the fried rice was better than her Mom's and her Mom makes some serious fried rice. Smash burgers are going on it tonight. You are going to enjoy it Case.

Great deal Case. I have a Little Gridle and it's got a Genesis 1000 to live in. I've looked at the Blackstone but with 10 Weber's now I'm flat out of room.

I got the 17 for Christmas, great little grills. So far I've cooked fried rice and bacon on it, the wife said the fried rice was better than her Mom's and her Mom makes some serious fried rice. Smash burgers are going on it tonight. You are going to enjoy it Case.

Great deal Case. I have a Little Gridle and it's got a Genesis 1000 to live in. I've looked at the Blackstone but with 10 Weber's now I'm flat out of room.

If this hadn't been on sale and discounted even more I would have left it at the store.

With the Discada, and the Camp Chef 3 burner w/grill top I really didn't need this too. Both of those do what this does. It will be easier to transport than either of those units. So that will be nice.

Now all I need to do is season up the top and get to cooking!

Gizmosis is a terrible malady, it has plagued me most of my life, apparently you suffer from the same affliction.
Enjoy it Case!

Gizmosis is a terrible malady, it has plagued me most of my life, apparently you suffer from the same affliction.
Enjoy it Case!

Yep sure do! Especially when it comes to outdoor cooking gear!

I’ve curtailed a bit lately and sold off some lesser used items.

If I found one at that price...I'd be darn happy.

I sure was Happy! I was ready to pull the trigger when I saw it at $99 online, then $79 Black Friday. Glad I missed those deals!

Case, great job on the Blackstone. Like Rich said no more, just ran out of space .

Case, great job on the Blackstone. Like Rich said no more, just ran out of space .

Oh come on, I'm sure you could squeeze one in somewhere! That little 17" that Pat got could fit in a Weber for storage!

Looking forward to seeing the 22 Case. I think I read a while back that you also have a 3 burner camp stove that will go nice with it. Not to mention your battery operated rotisserie! You'll be cooking for the whole darned camp!

I forgot about the battery spinner! You have some “interesting” equipment pal!
Have not fired The ebelskiver pan yet btw.

Looking forward to seeing the 22 Case. I think I read a while back that you also have a 3 burner camp stove that will go nice with it. Not to mention your battery operated rotisserie! You'll be cooking for the whole darned camp!

Ha I already do!!! The three burner camp chef has the griddle top and the BBQ Box. I cooked Fajitas on it in August for a group of 40!

Ha I already do!!! The three burner camp chef has the griddle top and the BBQ Box. I cooked Fajitas on it in August for a group of 40!

nice. Is that the CC Big Gas Grill? I have that with the 2 burner BBQ box, a 1 burner griddle, 2 burner griddle and the 3 burner 36in griddle. That's all for camping. For around home, I have the BS36 and a BS17. Might look around and try to pick up a 22 like your's just to fill the void in the lineup :)

I forgot about the battery spinner! You have some “interesting” equipment pal!
Have not fired The ebelskiver pan yet btw.

Here's a few of my favorite things!

Camp Chef - Bought on CL for $60. Guy used it once decided he didn't like camping. I've used it a ton and cooked for groups as large as 80 people on it.

Oh yeah lets not forget the pie irons.

43970635622_78ed3bcdd9_c.jpg

The Discada. This thing is the bomb!

43970546602_08bdd78bea_c.jpg

The Biolite. I've made some mean Mountain House with this!

43218129322_d79823048e_c.jpg

The rotisserie open pit style!

27926144877_ea9e209240_c.jpg

The Colemans - you can't go wrong with a Coleman.

28073234158_4a4c15652c_c.jpg

The minitisserie

35566502882_fe2c37fe48_c.jpg

34936050020_10828b239f_c.jpg

Lets not forget about the Schwenker!

29789882965_9a53643df6_c.jpg

29497622940_3306f363f3_c.jpg

Last but not least, the Mini-ZA!

27598969986_671e3f4892_c.jpg

OMG, that's an awesome collection. I see some new things that I'm definitely interested in. Damn, going to have to find more space in the garage.

nice. Is that the CC Big Gas Grill? I have that with the 2 burner BBQ box, a 1 burner griddle, 2 burner griddle and the 3 burner 36in griddle. That's all for camping. For around home, I have the BS36 and a BS17. Might look around and try to pick up a 22 like your's just to fill the void in the lineup :)

Expedition 3 with 2 burner griddle and single burner BBQ box. It has been our big group camp out go to for many cookouts. I also use it for pressure canning, because I can run two pressure canners at a time. Which is really nice when canning tuna.

Early this year I bought this little grill for camping, but missed having the griddle. So the 22 is going to fill that void. Packing the 3 burner and all its stuff isn't practical for 1-2 day trips when not cooking for a large group.

28848534797_e27214c82d_c.jpg

43245153980_a371a72d7d_c.jpg

The 22, the Coleman, and the Smoke Hollow all fit nicely under the bunks in my trailer.

45055662641_202bac6454_c.jpg

OMG, that's an awesome collection. I see some new things that I'm definitely interested in. Damn, going to have to find more space in the garage.

The sad thing is, that's not all of it! I had to build a shed to hold it all! I didn't even show the Stuff in my signature!

I was doing a mental inventory of outdoor entertainment equipment and had to stop, I was starting to think I was a hoarder! And Dave thinks I should get his ranch kettle (I could store some things inside that I suppose....;)

Back