Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First grill for 2019

Nice job. I love that for a personal rebuild. Having a shop fab up a new piece out of stainless is just too expensive and that will last just as long and function just as well. I am looking forward to an update when you finish up another stage in the restore process.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    That's looking really nice. One tip. Maybe use stainless steel screws to hold that and other aluminum parts on, and perhaps some type of "insulator" maybe a fiber washer or such between the steel frame and aluminum sheet since steel and aluminum don't like each other. That will help put off any galvanice corrosion between them
    Thanks...yah I used stainless steel screws with nylon washers when screwing them on....I certainly don't want that reaction happening down the line between the metals.
    (with blue lid, a.k.a. Baby Blue) (22.5 in. Kettle premium) (Genesis II E-310) (Genesis Platinum C with Genesis 5000 lid)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Nice job. I love that for a personal rebuild. Having a shop fab up a new piece out of stainless is just too expensive and that will last just as long and function just as well. I am looking forward to an update when you finish up another stage in the restore process.
    Thanks...yah I called shops around and the quotes they gave was out of my price range so I decided to do it myself since I had the tools (not the best ones but they work) and time. I'm hoping to get this grill done by the end of the month and do its first cookout on Super Bowl Sunday. Will definitely keep you posted.
    (with blue lid, a.k.a. Baby Blue) (22.5 in. Kettle premium) (Genesis II E-310) (Genesis Platinum C with Genesis 5000 lid)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456