Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First grill for 2019

TVWBB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Is it letgo the one that you submit a photo and it determines what the product is and gives it a title? I love that! Especially when someone lists a tool box with photo and it calls it a "grill". hahaha. And the problem is that Letgo makes it difficult to figure out how to change the title. Or is that OfferUp?
    I havenít looked at LetGo for a couple of months. Just looked and was able to get a FREE 18Ē Weber Smokey Mountain with cover yesterday. Itís in great shape. The guy has no room for it at his new place.

The funny thing is that the title was for a utility trailer.

https://us.letgo.com/us/i/black-and-...b-8ae5b536ebdd

Wow...nice find Bill!
    22" Kettle Premium | 26" Kettle Premium | '00-'01 Genesis Platinum C, 13 bar (Budweiser) | '05 Genesis Platinum C (open cart) | Q1200

Quote Originally Posted by BillSmith View Post
    I havenít looked at LetGo for a couple of months. Just looked and was able to get a FREE 18Ē Weber Smokey Mountain with cover yesterday. Itís in great shape. The guy has no room for it at his new place.

The funny thing is that the title was for a utility trailer.

https://us.letgo.com/us/i/black-and-...b-8ae5b536ebdd
    Amazing score! I thought I scored getting my 18" WSM for $199. That was only used a couple times by the med student that never had any free time due to his studies. So besides my Weber gasser collection I am also a Sous Vide nerd who then transfers the Sous Vide to the WSM (and the Genesis of course). Behold my Sous-Vide-Que butt (finished on the WSM):

Bark was epic and meat was perfect (very moist & fork tender) from edge to edge! 24hr bath time but only 2.5 smoke time. That is why I Sous Vide Que. I aint' got time for no 12 hr cook. Oh and ignore that rogue piece of salad chillin on the edge of the platter lol. Sorry for the WSM talk in the Gasser forums but I could not resist.... I actually have a cliff notes breakdown of this process/recipe if anyone wants it. I call it "Lazy Butt".

TVWBB Fan
    That looks great Fred. Please do post the recipe.

Yeah, I’m happy with my score. Definitely easier to find a gasser for free than a WSM.

TVWBB All-Star
    I second that recipe and what temp did you smoke it at got no time for a 12 hour cook either.

Guys, I don't know if this can be adapted to a regular beef roast, but I have a "high heat" brisket recipe that I tried last summer and it turned out great. It cuts the cooking time down to about 4-5 hours instead of over night.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am-upiaoBaghe6WT_XD5DbNWlqU

Oh, the recipe is for a WSM, but I did it on my Genesis 1000.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

TVWBB All-Star
    Guys, I don't know if this can be adapted to a regular beef roast, but I have a "high heat" brisket recipe that I tried last summer and it turned out great. It cuts the cooking time down to about 4-5 hours instead of over night.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am-upiaoBaghe6WT_XD5DbNWlqU

Oh, the recipe is for a WSM, but I did it on my Genesis 1000.
    Surely would work on a performer also great looking recipe Bruce.

Yah, I have one sitting in the freezer. I think that once I get over this hella cold I have, I will start prepping it for the Genesis. Or maybe I should wait for St Pattys day where it is a traditional meal?
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

TVWBB All-Star
    Yah, I have one sitting in the freezer. I think that once I get over this hella cold I have, I will start prepping it for the Genesis. Or maybe I should wait for St Pattys day where it is a traditional meal?
    I got that cold Sunday night its going around, know at least 5 people who had it went to work on Monday not so bad had to leave at 2:30 was out Tues and Wed went back today probably 80%. The congestion was a killer slept maybe 13 hours a day wake up for a few hours then back to sleep. It kicked the crap out of me the Mucinex did nothing then at work today they were talking about the Sudafed the one that is not sold over the counter you have to ask for it at the pharmacy and they take an ID so picked some of that up this afternoon as unfortunately gave this to my wife.

That stuff works feel better in 4 hours than I have felt all week, helping the wife also but she has a ways to go. I never knew they sold the better stuff behind the counter something to do with you could use it to make meth sounds crazy to me which is why you need an ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B Atlanta View Post
    I got that cold Sunday night its going around, know at least 5 people who had it went to work on Monday not so bad had to leave at 2:30 was out Tues and Wed went back today probably 80%. The congestion was a killer slept maybe 13 hours a day wake up for a few hours then back to sleep. It kicked the crap out of me the Mucinex did nothing then at work today they were talking about the Sudafed the one that is not sold over the counter you have to ask for it at the pharmacy and they take an ID so picked some of that up this afternoon as unfortunately gave this to my wife.

That stuff works feel better in 4 hours than I have felt all week, helping the wife also but she has a ways to go. I never knew they sold the better stuff behind the counter something to do with you could use it to make meth sounds crazy to me which is why you need an ID.
    I feel your pain. My wife and I took this last week off work and ended up with horrible colds. Congestion, coughing fits, low grade fever are all just miserable. We both finally feel better today.

Yeah making meth out of Sudafed is a real thing. Our oldest son was a pharmacy tech for Walgreens for a while and told all sorts of stories about meth addicted people trying to buy or steal all the sudafed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast