Home Depot is killing me

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Have you ever noticed that when you go to Home Depot swearing that you're not going to buy anything you don't need and then you see something like this.......?

pdZeZBJ.jpg

Well in my case I would not buy it if they were $50. LOL My issue is Harbor Freight. I walk in for one thing and suddenly my arms are full of stuff

Well in my case I would not buy it if they were $50. LOL My issue is Harbor Freight. I walk in for one thing and suddenly my arms are full of stuff

I share that affliction, although I can add Costco (and webstaurantstore.com....) to the list.

Traeger has really economized on their production costs over the last few years. The burner & control elements still seem at least okay, but otherwise, they look like they're made out of tinfoil, and fit-up leaves more than a little to be desired.

+1 on Harbor Freight. I went in to buy a $17 propane torch and it cost me $65! Damn Inside Track Club!

I really no longer have that problem because I don't have another inch of room to store anymore "stuff"

I know that I could have easily walked right past that pellet grill/smoker. I think my WSM and Weber grills do a fine job.

If I ever feel the need to really be hands off I'll just buy an ATC for my WSM. I'm not saying that I'll never look into a pellet pooper, but for the foreseeable future I'm going to roll with my Weber's.

My issue is Harbor Freight. I walk in for one thing and suddenly my arms are full of stuff

That sounds very familiar. Especially with all these coupons... lol.... But I also have to avoid bicycle stores or outdoor stores. They can be tempting for me as well.
As for grills I don't get really tempted anymore. Ever since I discovered how easy it is to refurbish cheap old ones I am no longer tempted by all these "on sale" offers. They are still in the 3 digits. I sell mine for 3 digot prices but I don't by them for these prices.
But I can get tempted if we are talking about sales on parts. However I wish I would see some sales on gas grates, burners, flavorizer bars or other replacement parts. When Target had their sale a few months ago it was mainly around kettles, kettle parts and covers. If Lowe's, HD or other Weber dealers would ever offer 50% off on gas grill parts I would probably clean out the shelves.... :d

I know what your saying Chuck, cause I saw one clearanced out at Farm& Fleet and seriously thought about it.

Tim

Chuck. Your neighbor (and his fence) will feel much safer now with you on pellets! ;) Seriously, nice find and congratulations. I know you'll be cranking out some smokey goodness soon.

I swore I would never have a pellet pooper until the Green Mountain Grills Black Friday Sale. I have a price point for everything. Chuck, assuming you bought it, enjoy your Traeger while chanting, "Damn you, Home Depot. Damn you, Home Depot."

Last edited:

Back