My Standing Rib Roast For New Years

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I put off my Sanding Rib Roast Cook until New Years evening. Here's a few pictures.

We selected a 5.3 lb. roast, two bone. I like to slice the bones but not completely off. I leave a little "hinge" at the base of the roast, apply my rub in the slice, and re-tie the bones prior to cooking. A little more surface area for the rub and it makes slicing a breese.

enhance

Tied back together and rubbed with a savory herb rub.

enhance

Fried up some onion and bacon for my green beans I'll do later.

enhance

Roast on. Kettle running right at 300.

enhance

These are some make ahead mashed potatoes. Cooked and mashed them a day ahead and put in fridge until about 45 minutes before dinner. Just pop them in a kettle with indirect heat.

enhance

Made some of my biscuits too.

enhance

Here's the beans. Parboiled the beans.

Getting there.

enhance

Potatoes too.

enhance

Pulled roast when IT reached 117 to 120.

enhance

enhance

Looks wonderful Cliff. Barb and I had some friends over on New Years day and did a 2 bone rib roast also and I did the exact same procedure on the roast, makes slicing it a breeze.

Over the top Cliff, looks delicious. Like Rich said we did a two bone roast and it was great. your sides are spot on great combo.

I was just thinking about a light meal to work on my New Years Resolution to loose a few pounds and I saw your wonderful meal. WOW I think my diet may have to wait.

Back