Auber ATC w/ wifi

MartinB

TVWBB All-Star
Anyone have any feedback on the newer Auber ATC SYL-2615 with wifi?

Ive searched here and interweb. Most info here seems to be the original, which usually caused poor control when using auto tune. In some cases its not clear the model that a commenter had .

Tha auber blower appears to have a piboting shutter that closes when blower stops, if blower installed in correct orientation. Curious how well this aids in temp control reducing drafting, etc. Can max fan output be Set when use larger fan?

Thx.

Last edited:
I don’t have the wifi Auber Controller but I do have their regular one. I ran it on a WSM 14.5 and it worked correctly only 2-3 times. I couldn’t stand it. I changed settings per auber, added tinfoil so the fan would blow below the charcoal etc, never really worked well. I then bought a PartyQ and it has ran perfect since day one.

Well looks like I actually get to contribute!

I bought an Auber 2615 ATC for my WSM 22.5" and really like it. Setup was a little troublesome as my Spectrum WiFi router did not want to connect with it. Contacted Auber and they said everything was tested at the factory and gave me some troubleshooting tips. None of them worked and time was running out for a smoke so I went to Walmart and bought an el-cheapo router. Hooks up and works great.

I love it. When doing long smokes and the WSM gets to temp, it'll hold +/-10F from the set temp for a solid 6-7hrs with Kingsford regular charcoal. For longer smokes where I have to refill the ring (briskets/butts particularly), it does seem to have issues keeping temp with the other vents closed. Though I think some of that is the copious amount of ash the Kingsford has been leaving behind. Haven't tried lump or other coal types/brands but will on my next cook to see if it helps.

Compared to non-ATC cooks, it does seem to use more charcoal. However the temperature control during the smoke is outstanding and allows me to get a few hours of shuteye during overnight cooks. Wife, friends, and family all seem to agree the results are better too.

Great, thanks.
I was looking at it when posted but purchased heatermeter instead. Partly due to lack of info.

Does seem like you should get long cooks no problem based on others experience . Might need to help air distribute a little or something?

Yeah I don't know. I'm leaning on the assumption that the Kingsford is just making too much dagum ash. I've spent a good 4-5hrs reading through the Naked Whiz site on various charcoal brands, burn rates/times, ash production, etc. and think I'm going to try Rockwood Lump charcoal next time. Much less ash production, longer burn time, etc. so hopefully it works out.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm

Back