Help with a Turkey Brine Pot recommendation

CGariepy

TVWBB Fan
I've been looking for a pot to have to do a Turkey brine, or to brine other things. Anyway, I've borrowed a pot from a friend and now want my own.

any recommendations on a size? I was looking at a pot, but not sure what size.............seems it should be more than a foot tall...........

if any brands are better than others, that would help as well.

thanks in advance....

chris

I use a Cambro. It has worked very well for me. I have a large square one for turkeys and a smaller round one for chickens, etc.

What Todd said, big food storage containers. Or a tall insulated cooler for drinks.

Hoist one at KBC for me.... Red Jacket or Brickside would as well. :D

I use a beer/drink cooler and then scrub it out with chlorine wipes. I've used a Home Depot bucket as noted above and a gatorade style cooler but I usually do 2 turkey's at a time so I need a bigger capacity. I like using a cooler because I can leave it outside and the critters won't get to it. YMMV.

Cheers,
Paul

I use a Zip-Lock XL bag https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003U6A3EY/tvwb-20 and a 5-gallon Home Depot bucket. Line the bucket with the bag and then place your turkey and brine in it. Seal it up and place in the fridge. If you don’t have room or a second fridge, place the bucket in a cooler and surround with ice. I do this every year for thanksgiving!

That's what I do, or use one of my turkey fryer pots.
Using the bag means you don't have to make a ton of brine, just cinch it up and use less.

Nice thing about that time of year ( in my area) I can leave it outside cause it's usually as cold as a fridge.

Tim

I have a fantastic bakery at the bottom of the hill from my house, I pick up five gallon butter buckets from them, they fit nicely in my Coleman cooler with a block of ice (in the summer) in the cooler months, sometimes they sit in the back of the Jeep!

I have a fantastic bakery at the bottom of the hill from my house, I pick up five gallon butter buckets from them, they fit nicely in my Coleman cooler with a block of ice (in the summer) in the cooler months, sometimes they sit in the back of the Jeep!

Free is always best! :D

Well, this a moot point for me, my grocer did not sell anything but enhanced turkey. And I did not want to drive around town looking for un-enhanced.

Free is always best! :D

Well, they get $2.00 a piece but, I can always pick up a treat for my wife and make it an even 5! The other plus is they do not have the deep garlic aroma that the buckets from “Firehouse Subs” have.

It’s a fantastic bakery! Boonzaaijer Bakery, their pastry cream and buttercream frosting will make you laugh, and cry!
Wonderful folks, been doing business with them since about 1968! Family business, old world attention to detail, I actually have them do “Unusual” silly stuff for decorations from time to time. The Mocha Torte for Thanksgiving had a “hand turkey” decoration and the Yule log for Christmas had moss and broken branches and mushrooms ��! I have already planted the seeds for next years decoration for Christmas!
Good people need to stretch their creative legs with something silly once in a while!

Last edited:
For future reference, Lowes carries food-grade 5 gallon buckets - in the paint section of all places.

Back