Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with a Turkey Brine Pot recommendation

TVWBB Platinum Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    I have a fantastic bakery at the bottom of the hill from my house, I pick up five gallon butter buckets from them, they fit nicely in my Coleman cooler with a block of ice (in the summer) in the cooler months, sometimes they sit in the back of the Jeep!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    I have a fantastic bakery at the bottom of the hill from my house, I pick up five gallon butter buckets from them, they fit nicely in my Coleman cooler with a block of ice (in the summer) in the cooler months, sometimes they sit in the back of the Jeep!
    Free is always best!

Well, this a moot point for me, my grocer did not sell anything but enhanced turkey. And I did not want to drive around town looking for un-enhanced.

TVWBB Platinum Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    Free is always best!
    Well, they get $2.00 a piece but, I can always pick up a treat for my wife and make it an even 5! The other plus is they do not have the deep garlic aroma that the buckets from “Firehouse Subs” have.

It’s a fantastic bakery! Boonzaaijer Bakery, their pastry cream and buttercream frosting will make you laugh, and cry!
    Wonderful folks, been doing business with them since about 1968! Family business, old world attention to detail, I actually have them do “Unusual” silly stuff for decorations from time to time. The Mocha Torte for Thanksgiving had a “hand turkey” decoration and the Yule log for Christmas had moss and broken branches and mushrooms ��! I have already planted the seeds for next years decoration for Christmas!
    Good people need to stretch their creative legs with something silly once in a while!
    Last edited by Timothy F. Lewis; 01-05-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

For future reference, Lowes carries food-grade 5 gallon buckets - in the paint section of all places.
    ; ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    For future reference, Lowes carries food-grade 5 gallon buckets - in the paint section of all places.
    Sure enough, look at that! Good find: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Encore-Plas...Bucket/3694238

You might even find one with the Great State on it: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Encore-Plas...ket/1000309157

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    Sure enough, look at that! Good find: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Encore-Plas...Bucket/3694238

You might even find one with the Great State on it: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Encore-Plas...ket/1000309157
    I have a few that I use in my other hobby - winemaking. They sure come in handy.
    ; ; ;

5 gallon bucket

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by M Andreyka View Post
    5 gallon bucket

I second this.

Home depot sells orange buckets for about $3 each.

But look in their paint department for the 5 gallon buckets that are WHITE, which are labeled as food safe plastic. Include a lid for a total of under $7 if I recall correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Williams View Post
    Home depot sells orange buckets for about $3 each. But look in their paint department for the 5 gallon buckets that are WHITE, which are labeled as food safe plastic.
    Yep, the popular orange "Homer" buckets are not food safe. The Home Depot says so on their website.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast