Dupli-Color SP229 VHT Rust Converter

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
Anyone used this yet, I use the Eastwood cause I had it but the pricing is off the planet now if you figure in shipping. I have used the Rusto stuff worked ok I like the Eastwood better.

Dupli-Color SP229 VHT Rust Converter

Last edited:
Brian,
I have used it on several grills and auto's with good results. We stock it at my work so the price is right.
Sorry, I have not tried the Eastwood version to compare.

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff good to know I have enough of the Encapsulator to probably do another 3 or 4 grills at least spraying inside the square frame pieces so not in a bind for awhile.

I don't think the frames of the grills are as prone to rust as the sheet metal of a car (especially here in the rust belt where so much salt is out there you get high blood pressure just walking outside). Eastwood and POR15 are quite expensive but in the automotive environment there is no substitute for how well they work. The stuff just stops rust dead in it's tracks period (I find the Eastwood better than POR15 BTW). Where other treatments just slow it down at best the Eastwood drops it dead with no special pre treat either. I just blow out loose stuff with air and spray Eastwood in. Done................period. I even tried their frame version of RE on the frame of my old Infiniti QX4 and with no pre treatment other than spraying with brake cleaner to remove grease it formed a hard ceramic like coating that stopped all the rust dead. Hard as nails too. So yes, expensive. Worth it? You bet! On a grill? It depends.............If it's a lifelong "keeper" sure if a flip no

Back