Ribeyes on Slow N Sear.

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I got a new Slow N Sear 2.0 for Christmas this year and bought the easy spin grate. I decided to try it out on some ribeyes.

New Hardware.

I salted these and let thim sit overnight.

I cooked them indirect until they hit 110 and hit them with some Holy Cow

Charcoal before the sear.

After the sear.

Plated with a baked potata.

I got a good cook on the inside.

Another sliced shot.

I could have seared these a little longer. I need to trim more fat around the edges of the steaks ahead of time, but I was pretty impressed with how these turned out. I know there are ways to not need a slow n sear, but I was super impressed with how easily this thing held temp during the indirect phase. I haven't done a long cook on it yet. I may do some ribs soon.

You've dri brined with salt, does the Holy Cow add too much salt ?

This is what's keeping me from dri brining, especially yardbird. My fav poultry rubs have salt and I'm afraid of doubling up.

Btw, I like Holy Cow on rib eye also, great rub for beef period.

You hit the wall with those ribeyes: cooked just the way I like them.

Looks like you will be having lots of grilling success with the Slow-N-Sear. Let us know how it does for low and slow.

I got a new Slow N Sear 2.0 for Christmas this year and bought the easy spin grate. I decided to try it out on some ribeyes. {snip}I need to trim more fat around the edges of the steaks ahead of time
I would argue that. Cooking Rib Eyes (and Chuck Eyes) with plenty of fat is the secret to these steaks. Speaking of which, you nailed it. Fantastic looking Rib Eyes Dustin!

Looks great Dustin! You're going to love the SnS for low and slow and for doing KFC...
1JntJ57.jpg

dFSsS0N.jpg

j1A5hft.jpg

CQrLpWl.jpg

XvCwICx.jpg

i1Z34R3.jpg

9TqwtDm.jpg

FAdApgq.jpg

34E9DPx.jpg

O0hOKvF.jpg

I've been on the fence about one but from the looks of the steak I may pull the trigger. That looks done to perfection.

Good lookin' ribeyes Dustin, and congrats for your new toy! My SnS only leaves the kettle when I'm cooking with the Vortex.. it's definetely far from being necessary, but is a very nice gadget nevertheless!

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could solve what I think are a couple of problems. How do I–
● Cook more than three steaks at once?
● Deal with varying doneness? Now I start them at varying times and monitor with an instant read thermometer.

Great cooks Dustin and Sam! If I got a SnS as a gift I'm sure I would use it a lot, but there's so many ways to get the same results that I can't justify the expense. Maybe if I hit the lottery...

Back