Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 2018 Done, 2019 Getting Started

TVWBB Member
    I am a little late to this thread. However the town I live in now does not have any sort of week in the year where stuff is put along the curb for large item collection. They just put it out whenever.
    There squashed my dreams of finding a few Weber grills to fix up.

We don't have anything like that either, but if you keep your eyes on Craigslist and FB marketplace, you will see them pop up throughout the spring and summer months. THe problem is that you have to pounce quick.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

Yep, I would add OfferUp, although their following seems to vary from place to place. It is very active in my area.

Also, expand your search beyond “Weber” to include Webber, grill, smoker, bbq and maybe more. Some of my best finds were listed only as “grill.” If you search you will almost certainly find more than you can handle. Bruce is very right that you have to be ready to jump on a good find. You have competition!
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

Just finished this one up this past week...

This one was done for a friend. It was a quick rehab so really didn't clean out the firebox in detail, just scraped off the crud and used a pressure washer afterwards. I'm still amazed on how fast these grills get past to 550 F, faster than the Genesis II E-310 when I had it! Sorry for no before pics, I bought this grill sometime last year and don't think I took pics of it. It is, I believe it's a 00-01 Genesis Gold B. My friend wanted a redhead so I changed the hood out from the original maroon and he also wanted the light up grill handle with the LEDs after he saw mine. Oh, and if you're looking for Weber 7506, your local Ace might have those for 50% off. I picked up 2 sets of those from the Ace store in my area for $25. The bars are from RCplanebuyer, part no. Weber 9913.
    22" Kettle Premium | 26" Kettle Premium | '00-'01 Genesis Platinum C, 13 bar (Budweiser) | '05 Genesis Platinum C (open cart) | Q1200

Very nice. That red lid is outstanding.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

That is a very nice looking unit

TVWBB All-Star
    Great job Sam the frames on those are tanks. Can't go wrong with the redhead got 2 on my deck now.

Great job on that, Sam!

While I do like red, I am surprised someone wouldn’t want to keep the original maroon which is even better in my book and matches the unique side tables. Either way, though, he is getting a super nice grill.

It was suggested that maybe the Weber Q grills weren’t “manly” enough for some people’s taste. Well, to me, one of these is the opposite - the Chuck Norris version of a Weber! I have only seen one for sale anywhere in Florida.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tofte View Post
    Great job on that, Sam!

While I do like red, I am surprised someone wouldn’t want to keep the original maroon which is even better in my book and matches the unique side tables. Either way, though, he is getting a super nice grill.

It was suggested that maybe the Weber Q grills weren’t “manly” enough for some people’s taste. Well, to me, one of these is the opposite - the Chuck Norris version of a Weber! I have only seen one for sale anywhere in Florida.
    Thanks guys! Yah, he really wanted the light handle and the maroon hood that came with the grill is a different style for the light handle (Weber 9057) so that's why he went with the old school redhead hood so that the light handle would fit it. I still am though going to give him the maroon hood so he can swap it out here and there.
    22" Kettle Premium | 26" Kettle Premium | '00-'01 Genesis Platinum C, 13 bar (Budweiser) | '05 Genesis Platinum C (open cart) | Q1200

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718