Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parts Wanted

Fred,

My burner is different, but I am glad (and not at all surprised) that there are others here who it appears can get you up and running. We will all look forward to seeing how this comes out. Oh, and the Skyline Club will look forward to your initiation as well!
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

TVWBB Platinum Member LMichaels's Avatar
    Fred sorry I have not gotten to you, garage door opener took a crap on me today and I spent the afternoon pulling the logic board, resoldering all the high current joints, and picking up a scroll saw today to make a pinewood derby car with grandson.
    One part not sure of bothering to send. The cast aluminum frame. It's all corroded, I had been trying to sand it off and repaint it but it's been outside for about 10 years now and I think it's not worth the expense to sent it. Let me know your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    Fred sorry I have not gotten to you, garage door opener took a crap on me today and I spent the afternoon pulling the logic board, resoldering all the high current joints, and picking up a scroll saw today to make a pinewood derby car with grandson.
    One part not sure of bothering to send. The cast aluminum frame. It's all corroded, I had been trying to sand it off and repaint it but it's been outside for about 10 years now and I think it's not worth the expense to sent it. Let me know your thoughts
    Oh no worries mate! My burner frame is also in bad shape so I am going to have to refinish mine as well. I think I will end up doing the brake fluid method like Jeff MA, fellow BP2C (Blue Platinum II Crew) member did:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?663...l=1#post735039

Yes my main goal was just for the two parts (diverter & grate). I don't want to strand you with stuff you can't use. I will pay for it all regardless however maybe it would be better shipping wise just to abandon that part. Would you please email me some pictures of what you have? Or feel free to post on the forum if that is easier. Also take your time and consider my request a very low priority in your life. I would like to see that derby car....

Will do. This https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-D...S!-1:rk:1:pf:0 is what I bought (though not brand new). Nice shape though and got it for $80. It's a really nicely made tool. Most likely I will end up selling it. But the guy I got it from recommended maybe doing little projects with the grandson. He said it's great for making little things like bird houses and such.
    I'm not a wood worker. Never was LOL

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    Will do. This https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-D...S!-1:rk:1:pf:0 is what I bought (though not brand new). Nice shape though and got it for $80. It's a really nicely made tool. Most likely I will end up selling it. But the guy I got it from recommended maybe doing little projects with the grandson. He said it's great for making little things like bird houses and such.
    I'm not a wood worker. Never was LOL
    I tried wood working.....Made some of the prettiest firewood you've ever seen
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

I am afraid Rich I will not do much if any better. I am REALLY trying to do something nice for the little guy though. If it works out maybe I will keep the saw if not up to Flea Bay it goes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12