FredJones

TVWBB Member
I searched the forums before I posted this and I could not find a parts request section. I don't have anything for sale or trade so I am sorry if this is not the right spot to post this. If there isn't a request section, for gassers only, I think there should be. Anyhoo, here is my conundrum. On my latest buying bender I got this for $20:

Everything is there except on the side burner I am missing:

Wind Diverter (Weber part #97441)
Wire Grate (Weber part #97144)

I have scoured the bowels of the Internet and unless I can get some help here I think I am SOL.

Fred, there is a buy, sell, trade section but you are right, it covers the entire weber grill forum. Posting here is probably your best bet as many guys who live in the gas grill section, don't regularly monitor the buy, sell trade forum. There are lots of rehab/flip grill guys here who have spare parts. However, it looks like the platinum is not the same as a Silver/Gold C and it might still be tough to find those parts. But, I think you found your best chance right here. Either way, you have a nice grill there and for $20, that is a steal, even with the missing parts.

I bought a Silver C last year and lost the lid and trivet on the ride home....duh, what did I think would happen at 75mph. I bought the parts from another member on this forum. So keep up your hopes and good luck.

Fred,
I have some burner parts, but not sure if they will work for that model. I will try to look myself, but if you can post a link for what those parts look like, I will be happy to compare to my inventory in my newly cleaned up “Weber Graveyard” shed:eek:.

p.s. That is a steal on a very cool grill. I hope I can help you get it to its full potential.

Fred,
I have some burner parts, but not sure if they will work for that model. I will try to look myself, but if you can post a link for what those parts look like, I will be happy to compare to my inventory in my newly cleaned up “Weber Graveyard” shed:eek:.

p.s. That is a steal on a very cool grill. I hope I can help you get it to its full potential.

Mr. Jon here is a link to a post from JEFF MA's Platinum Series II restoration thread:
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?66377-Genesis-Platinum-Series-II-Restoration-started&p=736879&viewfull=1#post736879

It is the third picture down with the side burner lid flipped up. You can see both the wind shield (diverter) and the grate. They look like one piece but it is actually two parts:

1J7Wc68m.jpg

My goal is to recreate Mr. Jeff's grill exactly. Thank you VERY MUCH for looking for me. I know Jeff MA found a Genesis Side Burner (Weber #7601) on eBay. I am going to call Weber tomorrow and see if maybe I can get the parts through them.

Fred,
First off congratulations on finding a sweet grill at a fantastic price. It appears to be in nice shape and will look even nicer when you are done restoring it.
If you have any question feel free to contact me for as you know I have it's twin Brother sitting outside my Home.

If Weber proves fruitless, as I'm sure they will be, and Larry cannot assist I might be able to help.
I was saving these pieces off the original side burner restore for a possible future project.

cuXZxh3l.jpg

Jeff

I believe I have the parts you seek grasshopper

cbF8tYq.jpg

I walked a very, very long path to Master Google's only to find no answers. I burned incense, I meditated, I used mantras, and nothing.... I just called Master Weber and also no offerings were provided :(. I now seek true wisdom from Master LMichaels. Please message me Sensei, if you would be so kind. I am standing next to my temples money tree patiently waiting your guidance.

Fred,
First off congratulations on finding a sweet grill at a fantastic price. It appears to be in nice shape and will look even nicer when you are done restoring it.
If you have any question feel free to contact me for as you know I have it's twin Brother sitting outside my Home.

If Weber proves fruitless, as I'm sure they will be, and Larry cannot assist I might be able to help.
I was saving these pieces off the original side burner restore for a possible future project.

cuXZxh3l.jpg

Jeff

Thank you very much for the reply! I plan on restoring mine exactly how you did yours. I will also be documenting the journey with pictures and joining the exclusive Blue Platinum II club (oh yes I did). Sorry Skyliners you have just become too common these days.... Actually I am just jealous and I am also hunting for a Skyline as well. I am patiently waiting to hear from Sensai LMichaels right now.

Fred,

My burner is different, but I am glad (and not at all surprised) that there are others here who it appears can get you up and running:cool:. We will all look forward to seeing how this comes out. Oh, and the Skyline Club will look forward to your initiation as well;)!

Fred sorry I have not gotten to you, garage door opener took a crap on me today and I spent the afternoon pulling the logic board, resoldering all the high current joints, and picking up a scroll saw today to make a pinewood derby car with grandson.
One part not sure of bothering to send. The cast aluminum frame. It's all corroded, I had been trying to sand it off and repaint it but it's been outside for about 10 years now and I think it's not worth the expense to sent it. Let me know your thoughts

Fred sorry I have not gotten to you, garage door opener took a crap on me today and I spent the afternoon pulling the logic board, resoldering all the high current joints, and picking up a scroll saw today to make a pinewood derby car with grandson.
One part not sure of bothering to send. The cast aluminum frame. It's all corroded, I had been trying to sand it off and repaint it but it's been outside for about 10 years now and I think it's not worth the expense to sent it. Let me know your thoughts

Oh no worries mate! My burner frame is also in bad shape so I am going to have to refinish mine as well. I think I will end up doing the brake fluid method like Jeff MA, fellow BP2C (Blue Platinum II Crew) member did:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?66...ration-started&p=735039&viewfull=1#post735039

Yes my main goal was just for the two parts (diverter & grate). I don't want to strand you with stuff you can't use. I will pay for it all regardless however maybe it would be better shipping wise just to abandon that part. Would you please email me some pictures of what you have? Or feel free to post on the forum if that is easier. Also take your time and consider my request a very low priority in your life. I would like to see that derby car....

Will do. This https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-...9o:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!61016!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0 is what I bought (though not brand new). Nice shape though and got it for $80. It's a really nicely made tool. Most likely I will end up selling it. But the guy I got it from recommended maybe doing little projects with the grandson. He said it's great for making little things like bird houses and such.
I'm not a wood worker. Never was LOL

I tried wood working.....Made some of the prettiest firewood you've ever seen:(

I am afraid Rich I will not do much if any better. I am REALLY trying to do something nice for the little guy though. If it works out maybe I will keep the saw if not up to Flea Bay it goes

Burner Parts required

Fred,

cuXZxh3l.jpg

Jeff

Hi Jeff and everybody

I refurbished a Genesis platinum last year and upgraded all replaced parts and she's like new and a proud part of the Weber collection. I loved your refurb job I had a lot of satisfaction doing mine. I can't however get the burner parts I require after searching everywhere and then this pops up. Do you still have the burner parts. All I have under my lid is the burner base and all I can use it for is to light my weber chimney starter!!! If you have the grill and wind deflector I'd love to take them off your hands. If you had the burner head assembly you've made a pal for life!!! Great work and great site.
Thanks

Paul

Back