Silver B end caps and table vs Silver A

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Would the end caps and thermoset tables on a Silver B be the same size as for a Silver A by any chance?
I am guessing NO, but just curious for spare parts reasons.

That's what I thought. I was hoping they two were maybe the same width but just not as long.

The Silver A is not as deep as the Silver B. Handles and the top thermoset table of the Silver won't fit on Silver B and vice versa. But the foldup tables are the same. According to ereplacementparts the left side foldup table for the Silver A has the same part number as the foldup table for the Silver B.
I have not really bothered to restore a Silver A or Spirit 200 because of incompatibility of most parts with the Silver/Gold/Platinum B/C.

Yah, Stephan, I had a Genesis 500 or 700 or whatever it was but never rehabbed it. I got it for almost nothing but it had flaws that were hard to work with and key parts missing which are not as easily to come by so I eventually scrapped it for parts. Funny thing is I did do a few cooks on it before I stripped it down. It was a good grill.

The reason I asked the question is that I had a line one for cheap but didn't really want to rehab it, so I was thinking maybe it would be worth the hassle for parts. But, it looks like not much will transfer to the three burners other than stuff like knobs. So I will just be passing.

Yes I think there is not much which can be re-used on 3 burners grills beside the foldup table, knobs and wheels. Unless it is really cheap and an easy rehab with all parts still in good shape I would pass as well.

Back