HM software upgrade.

EricPeterson

I had a buddy build my HM maybe 3 years ago. I have little to no idea of how to do anything in it. I have done the DNS settings and wifi stuff but other than that I'm clueless.

I'm assuming a new version of software would be a good thing to put on it.

Firmware Version OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09 / LuCI 0.11.1 Release (0.11.1)
Kernel Version 3.3.8

Like I said I have zero idea of what information is needed on current version and what or how to upgrade it? Any help would be great

Thanks
Eric

When you upgrade it should bring all the settings along with it. I think that's firmware release v13? To upgrade you just go to System -> Backup / Flash Firmware and in the "Image URL (.gz)" field you paste the URL for the HeaterMeter you have (actually the Raspberry Pi inside's version). If your HeaterMeter is 3 years old it is either a Raspberry Pi A, B, or Zero which would be this URL for the latest snapshot. You can confirm the Pi model by looking at the HeaterMeter Devices page when your HeaterMeter is online, and it should say the model on the top left of the box.

Is there any way to get a backrev gzip file? I'm not 100% sure which one, but I would like to try v13 and v11. I see the tags in github for both versions, but can't find the *.gz file.

Back