Newb

Ryan De

I’ve been lurking for some time and finally bought my 18. I wavered between this and a 55 gallon drum smoker. Then I came to my senses.

I’ve smoked some meats before but not using anything like this. I used a smaller Weber some years ago. I wanted to get this bought before the price increase in about 20 mins. lol.

This forum is a great resource. Thanks for all the info posted regularly. I am located outside Chicago.

Cheers.

Welcome to the site. The 18 is a fine smoker, you’ll love it. It starts with one and then...

How close are you to Rockford. I am in No Cal but the company my wife works for is based out of Rockford. I remember a trip back there a few years back where we stopped at the Weber grill restaurant in Schaumburg. Good eats and some nice vintage grills.

Welcome to the site. The 18 is a fine smoker, you’ll love it. It starts with one and then...

How close are you to Rockford. I am in No Cal but the company my wife works for is based out of Rockford. I remember a trip back there a few years back where we stopped at the Weber grill restaurant in Schaumburg. Good eats and some nice vintage grills.

I am near to the Weber Grill Restaurant in Oak Brook. It is a great place - literally a bunch of weber grills set up in the kitchen with huge vents and they are just grilling. Good stuff.

I am about 75-90 minutes east of Rockford.

Back