Creamy Garlic Chicken Breast

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Decided to change things up a bit and went with a chicken recipe I've been waiting to do. Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts. Served them on rice and had a nice acorn squash to round things out.

Got the squash on first.

enhance

I cut three boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half, horizontally.

enhance

Dredged the chicken in a flour, finely grated parmesan, garlic powder and s&P mixture. Placed in a very hot skillet with oil.

enhance

Flip.

enhance

Sauteed chopped yellow onion in some oil and butter. Added a head of garlic, half crushed and the remaining half whole bulbs. Then added chicken broth to deglaze the pan.

enhance

Added heavy cream, and a half cup of grated parmesan to make a sauce similar to the one last night with the beef tenderloins. Let it roll for about 3 minutes.

enhance

Placed the chicken back into the mix and covered with sauce and let it roll for another few minutes.

enhance

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Hope you all have a great and safe New Year's Eve as well as the New Year. Thanks for looking!

Interesting, I did something very similar except I used the fronds from a fennel bulb in the cream sauce.
Why is it that I can literally finish a meal and open this site and be hungry within minutes!!?

Getting into the sauce for New Year? Sure looks good. Like the direction your cooks are going.

Is that cook to close 2018, or to start 2019? Whatever....It's one for the books

That looks AWESOME! I'm saving this to try someday. Are you using the 22" attachment, or some other size? I have the 26" but it's overkill, often. I'm thinking about the 18".

Thanks everyone!

Hey B....I'm using the Santa Maria (style) attachment on my 22" kettle. You can raise or lower the grate in a matter of seconds. This recipe starts by frying the chicken in oil over a high heat. A much lower temp is needed when the 1 1/4 cups heavy cream are added. Here's the recipe link below.

https://cafedelites.com/creamy-garlic-chicken-breasts/

Last edited:
Cliff, you did a fantastic job on that chicken dish. Love the gravy and squash also. Happy New Year to you and family.

Cliff - I am King of the household tonight after making this for dinner today; it was a huge hit. Thanks for sharing it.

Back