Happy New Year Everyone - On the grill for New Years Day

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
I know its early but less than 6 hours away.

For New Years Day doing wings and drumsticks on the performer half using Bruce's Buffalo Recipe going to juice it with a bit more Cayenne Pepper and the other half with some Ginger.

I know its a Gasser forum but the 1000 got a good workout over Christmas. Christmas Eve Ribeyes and then Christmas day Lamb Chops so it was well used. Used my THermapen® Mk4 for the first time amazing would be an understatement had my daughter check the Lamb Chops got to get them started early she did a great job they came out perfect.

Brian

Down south we have a tradition to eat pork, greens, and black eye pease. So... ribs on the WSM, greens and peas with home cured smoked bacon as a key ingredient.

Happy New Years everyone!

Pork and Sauerkraut per Central Pennsylvania tradition.

Specifically, pork loin medallions with Tuscan seasoning from Costco on the gasser, Silver Floss shredded sauerkraut, and garlic whipped potatoes.

"Superstition has it that because a pig roots forward, eating pork on New Year’s Day helps a person to move ahead. (Chicken, according to the superstition, should not be eaten on Jan. 1 because a chicken scratches backward.)" Yeah, us Central PA folk are kinda weird like that...

I grilled new York strips on my dad's 30 year old genesis tonight. Steak, baked sweet potatoes, grilled broccoli. For me that's as good as it gets.

Happy new year's everyone.

Grill stays cold tonight. We are going to have Raclette tonight with food from table top hot stone.
Happy new year everyone.

I have 6lbs of beef plate ribs in the fridge for an overnight dry brine (spg)
They will hit the smoker about 7 am tomorrow morning and my gut about 5 pm.

Had some friends over and grilled 2 bacon wrapped pork tenderloins tonight on the Silver B. The pouring rain didn't stop me. I'm finding the east-west burners work very nicely for this compared to my old non-Weber grill with north-south burners.

Happy New Year to all!

Happy New Year too you all. It's 12:25 my time. My house is getting quiet now. BBQ tomorrow. Well, I guess it would be today now.

Anyway,

May the new year bring you good.,....,...

No BBQ here. At sister's house today celebrating dad's 92nd bday. Kinda weird since his brother (my uncle) just passed last Wed. at 93. So no grilling. Weather is horrid for it, and we're doing Italian Beef sandwiches and some other fare at their house. Last night was some beautiful burgers I find at a local market here. They're made from a custom blend of chuck and brisket. Did them on the stove in a grill pan. Beautiful crust with just S&P. rain was pouring down outside last night, windy and cold freezing as well. Both cars were in the garage so I did not get to pull out the Q320 either so grill pan was best alternate.
Happy New Year all!

Had spaghetti with italian sausage in the sauce last night and we are going somewhere for lunch today. No grilling. We got about 6 inches of snow yesterday and last night and that made it tough to do any grilling until I get things cleaned up.

Happy New Year to all.

We had homemade pizza bread made in the oven. After six inches of snow yesterday and a temperature of 8 degrees at 6pm no way was I going to dig out a grill and try and cook something outside.

Hope all of you have a great 2019 and wishing you all a Happy New year from Barb and I.

31605324987_7b51d33d5e_z.jpg
[/url]100_4362 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Pretty unusual for your neck of the woods isn't it Rich?

Very unusual Greg, this morning when I got up it was 8 degrees that's the coldest temp we've had since we moved here in 2002. Seven inches of snow is a record for Prescott Valley in December.

Normal low temps for this time of the year are mid 20s at night mid 40s during the day. 7" in one day is more snow than we've had in the last three years and they say more is on the way.

Yep, I have been willing it to the south. But we had a six inch setback yesterday.

LOL, yah, we got another unexpected inch last night. Just enough to mess things up again. But, things are looking good later this week going into the weekend.

Happy New Year to all! It was about mid 30s here in the Pacific NW so I decided to roast this bad boy on New Year's Eve...

UuFzd2J.jpg

Yup, $6.99 for USDA prime New York Steak Roast! Can't beat that price!
Dry brined roast for a couple of hours with Kosher salt then dusted with pepper and a little more salt, kept it plain and simple.
kUprZ4l.jpg

RgcdIIU.jpg

nRunRH8.jpg

nQmg0NZ.jpg

Ozx5pmX.jpg

4TLxYk3.jpg

Cooked it to about a medium in the middle. Oh man! If you have a chance to get USDA prime then go for it...well worth it!

Use the Blue to roast and the grey to grill some scallops and prawns, the kettle had the night off...
aEkdKLU.jpg

qzwdD7L.jpg

XlPi3gQ.jpg

Last edited:

Back