Porcelain on 3 month old WSM chipping off?

AndyC

TVWBB Member
Today I noticed chipped porcelain on both bottom corners of the access door hole on my WSM. Is this normal wear and tear, or do I need to call Weber for this? The steel is exposed on both sides.

I've used it to add charcoal / water on perhaps 2 cooks, but normally I don't even open the thing. :(

Thanks ahead!
Andy

First time I’ve ever heard of the porcelain chipping without some sort of blow. I’ll bet they replace it for you.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! It's been a great little pit for the 10 or so cooks I've used it on, but I want to stay that way for a long time! Much appreciated!

I've also never heard of that, and I've heard of a lot over the past 20 years! Call Weber Support at 800-446-1071.

Thanks guys!

As it was New Year's day, I dropped them an email instead. I'd heard a lot of great things about Weber customer support over the years, but this is my first time experiencing it in person. The replacement part is in the mail due to be delivered the day after tomorrow. No questions asked. Wow! I'm impressed!

Thanks again for the great advice!

Thanks guys!

As it was New Year's day, I dropped them an email instead. I'd heard a lot of great things about Weber customer support over the years, but this is my first time experiencing it in person. The replacement part is in the mail due to be delivered the day after tomorrow. No questions asked. Wow! I'm impressed!

Thanks again for the great advice!

Now that's :cool:Customer Service!

Tim

I’ve had great support from the Weber folks.
Not everyone has and, those that have not, seem to hold the grudge pretty hard.
Just an observation.

Back