Question on center burner on older Genesis x000

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
I am just putting together a few more grills with the parts I have lying around. One is an older 1000. The center burner has two set of holes. One on each side. Sometime back Weber changed that design to holes on top only for the center burner. Are the ones with two rows of holes any better? I assume the BTU rating is the same since there is not more gas coming through.

One performs no better than the other. Actually I prefer the top ported burner. Less maintenance

I noticed that too.

On one hand, the one row of flame centered under the flavorizer bar makes it harder for grease to drip down touch flame, so it should reduce flare ups.

On the other, usually the center burner is off while cooking. However, if the center burner is on and has two rows of flame, those flames get right near the edge of the flavorizer bar, so it might be easier to flare up.

That is my guess...

Gerry

I never noticed any difference in that dept. I just found the ports stay cleaner on the top ported burner

However, if the center burner is on and has two rows of flame, those flames get right near the edge of the flavorizer bar, so it might be easier to flare up.

That is my guess...

Gerry

This is was my guess as well. But I don't have any personal experience with these burners.

Back